JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japan News & Events (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japan-news-events/)
-   -   Two earthquake's in Japan (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japan-news-events/6351-two-earthquakes-japan.html)

Hentaro 07-20-2007 02:09 PM

Two earthquake's in Japan

At least 9 people died and over 800 injured in very massive earthquake in northwest Japan on 17 of Juli.
The earthquake was 6,8 richter. The senter was near of Niigata. In Kashiwazak one nuclear power plant
got broke and leak after the earthquake radioactive water.

Sachiko 07-20-2007 02:11 PM

i know... it was terrible aye??

Hentaro 07-20-2007 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sachiko (Post 184186)
i know... it was terrible aye??

Yep... I was so shocked...

Sachiko 07-20-2007 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hentaro (Post 184188)
Yep... I was so shocked...

it was very sad.... i wish there was something we could do ^_^

Hentaro 07-20-2007 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sachiko (Post 184191)
it was very sad.... i wish there was something we could do ^_^

yep... :crykitty:

wolfrainvn 07-20-2007 02:22 PM

hey!!! i see this only the news couple day before as well, apparently the earthquakes were quite strong because all the house in Japan is specialy designed to stand many earthquakes, but luckily there is not much damge done to the nuclear power plant.

The nuclear power plant luckily automaticaly shut down, and core melt down didn't occur!!! or we would probably have a second Chernobyl in Japan!!!

But the plant did recieved some damage and there may be a leak of radioative subtance into the water, but there may be not, they still trying to investigate!!!

Hentaro 07-20-2007 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfrainvn (Post 184200)
hey!!! i see this only the news couple day before as well, apparently the earthquakes were quite strong because all the house in Japan is specialy designed to stand many earthquakes, but luckily there is not much damge done to the nuclear power plant.

The nuclear power plant luckily automaticaly shut down, and core melt down didn't occur!!! or we would probably have a second Chernobyl in Japan!!!

But the plant did recieved some damage and there may be a leak of radioative subtance into the water, but there may be not, they still trying to investigate!!!

Yep you are right... :vsign:

Housetek 07-24-2007 12:19 AM

yea i felt that, i think it was like last tuesday or somthing.

there was a few tiny ones last night also.

during my trip in may and march there were big earthquakes as well

thers a earthquake relief fund you can donate to here

there all around shibya and omotosando and stuff

annelie82 08-04-2007 09:06 AM

I heard something about this on the news a few nights ago. Potential earthquakes is the only thing that scares me a bit about going to Japan, I think.

operationjapan 08-16-2007 10:29 AM

There was another earthquake this morning in Chiba, only around 4.0 though. I felt it here in Tokyo.