JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#91 (permalink))
Old
aishiterugazette (Offline)
New to JF

03-01-2008, 09:19 AM

noo don't think that! lols. they won't do that to us! lols. but seriously, who knows, unless you go there and know for yourself, maybe some people are like that not everyone's going to hate us...i hope;
(#92 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

03-01-2008, 09:23 AM

You will be fine!
(#93 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

03-01-2008, 11:56 AM

Honestly, I have a friend who is japanese and he says that he can't even tell whose chinese/japanese/korean because there are so much koreans/chinese as well as japanese in Japan. So you'll be fine.

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"
(#94 (permalink))
Old
sun0516 (Offline)
New to JF

03-17-2008, 02:16 AM

Please watch this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_YS0fp0TYY

Some people don't respect Japan and Japanese people, and they are making such a bad reputation about foreigner.
(#95 (permalink))
Old
tifa (Offline)
and they ask why kpop win

Send a message via MSN to tifa Send a message via Yahoo to tifa
03-17-2008, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun0516 View Post
Please watch this.
YouTube - Gaijin train Yamanote Halloween

Some people don't respect Japan and Japanese people, and they are making such a bad reputation about foreigner.
IF I CANT get into japan for some reason like this because of past people i will i repeat declare war ..and i will work my butt off to do such!!! dont mess with my happiness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE k-pop...i adore j-rock...but my heart goes to?!! from shinee ,suju ,dbsk ,bigbang only loving you K-POP!!!!
(#96 (permalink))
Old
samurai007 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

03-17-2008, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Please watch this.

What a bunch of idiots!

But I think that there are many good things that Gaijins do in Japan too. I remember 1 year when I went with well over 30 other ALTs in my prefecture to visit an orphanage at Christmas time and take the kids presents, and we hung out and played with them all day. I wish that when gaijins do things like that, it got as much press as the bad stuff...

JET Program, 1996-98, Wakayama-ken, Hashimoto-shi

Link to pictures from my time in Japan
(#97 (permalink))
Old
Joly (Offline)
New to JF

03-19-2008, 07:47 PM

Yikes, the more I learn, the more I realize the two-week-tourist's mantra of "Oh, the Japanese are so polite and welcoming!" is unfortunately not so simple. This cultural dynamic is kinda scary...I'm planning on spending at least a year in Japan studying, and after that I might teach there for a while. I do want to assimilate as much as I can...I hope all I hear are mainly extreme cases, and that my stay is pleasant and I'm able to make friends.^^;

I think this "xenophobia" stems from Japan being so isolated for so long, and made up of only one kind of people, so anyone different stuck out like a sore thumb. Unlike Western countries which are more used to "melting-pot" cultures, I think a lot of times Japanese just don't know how to react to foreigners.

Mono no aware
Murasaki iro no hana
Haru no hana
To fuyu no koyuki
Harahara
(#98 (permalink))
Old
Gorotsuki (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to Gorotsuki Send a message via MSN to Gorotsuki Send a message via Yahoo to Gorotsuki Send a message via Skype™ to Gorotsuki
03-20-2008, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Please watch this.

Wow what idiots.
(#99 (permalink))
Old
hennaz (Offline)
こんにちは!

03-23-2008, 04:19 PM

i don't believe every japanese guy is like that. there r just not used to having many different cultures because they r not a "melting-pot" of cultures. this xenophobic attitude needs 2 change, cos they NEED foreign workers...

Hennaz ヘンナズ

(#100 (permalink))
Old
tifa (Offline)
and they ask why kpop win

Send a message via MSN to tifa Send a message via Yahoo to tifa
03-23-2008, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hennaz View Post
i don't believe every japanese guy is like that. there r just not used to having many different cultures because they r not a "melting-pot" of cultures. this xenophobic attitude needs 2 change, cos they NEED foreign workers...
agree they send off ...some messed up vibes i mean when the come here for tourist reasons.. its like they think everone around them are ghost i mean the really have a way with expressing there feeling..but its understandable and i still like em'

I LOVE k-pop...i adore j-rock...but my heart goes to?!! from shinee ,suju ,dbsk ,bigbang only loving you K-POP!!!!