JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
samokan (Offline)
0xFFFF_FFFF

Gaijin Get OUt - 08-31-2007, 02:58 AM

is Japan starting an all out war against foreigners???

Scapegoating the alien happens worldwide, but Japan's version is particularly amusing.

The blame game | The Japan Times Online

*** Omnia Muntantor, Nihil Interit ***

My Japan Life

-------------------------------------
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Zagato289 (Offline)
Multi-Console Gamer

08-31-2007, 03:17 AM

I was really suprise when I read the article.
Do you think this will change later on?

It's so easy, To think about Love, To Talk about Love, To wish for Love, But it's not always easy, To recognize Love, Even when we hold it.... In our hands."
--Jaka

(#3 (permalink))
Old
chio (Offline)
kicked from the gang

08-31-2007, 03:46 AM

well .,
you can see this ..
YouTube - Do you like Japan? Japan doesn't like you!
and these
YouTube - Japanese Raciest

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3mja7IuWUco

i'm half japanese,. but i don't blame foreigner .,
i'm half indonesian, n when i came to Bali m there's a loooooottttt of foreigner,.
it's ok for me,. but for some Balinese,
they feel like, "we want our Bali pure"
maybe they're afraid about their culture or something.. dunno .,

Last edited by chio : 08-31-2007 at 04:13 AM.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
samokan (Offline)
0xFFFF_FFFF

08-31-2007, 04:16 AM

its too early to say ( I think ) ... I hope not though.
I like Japan to stay as safe as it is, but not to the expense of blaming the foreign community.

As for illegal aliens, I don't think there is no country without illegal aliens.

oh well, lets just cross our fingers.. the foreign community will not stay quiet as it though..

*** Omnia Muntantor, Nihil Interit ***

My Japan Life

-------------------------------------
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Zagato289 (Offline)
Multi-Console Gamer

08-31-2007, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samokan View Post
its too early to say ( I think ) ... I hope not though.
I like Japan to stay as safe as it is, but not to the expense of blaming the foreign community.

As for illegal aliens, I don't think there is no country without illegal aliens.

oh well, lets just cross our fingers.. the foreign community will not stay quiet as it though..
Hopefully it will change.

It's so easy, To think about Love, To Talk about Love, To wish for Love, But it's not always easy, To recognize Love, Even when we hold it.... In our hands."
--Jaka

(#6 (permalink))
Old
Zagato289 (Offline)
Multi-Console Gamer

08-31-2007, 04:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chio View Post
well .,
you can see this ..
YouTube - Do you like Japan? Japan doesn't like you!
and these
YouTube - Japanese Raciest

YouTube - Re: Racism,

i'm half japanese,. but i don't blame foreigner .,
i'm half indonesian, n when i came to Bali m there's a loooooottttt of foreigner,.
it's ok for me,. but for some Balinese,
they feel like, "we want our Bali pure"
maybe they're afraid about their culture or something.. dunno .,
yeah, maybe they are afraid of losing their culture.
I would'nt want my country to lose its beautiful culture.
I'm from Mexico and I like its culture.

--Jaka

(#7 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

08-31-2007, 05:02 AM

Although I think we have too many threads like this, I will put my two yen in.

There is always two sides two every story.

As for the college marathon rules banning foreigners. You should know these are VERY competetive races with longtime rivalries. The reason the rules were changed was NOT to keep foreigner out, but a couple schools, in particular, started giving FOUR-YEAR SCHOLARSHIPS to Kenyans simply so the group of them could run the race every year. It wasn't change out of racism, but in the spirit of sportsmanship. Most of the colleges wouldn't consider stooping to that level to win the race, but it just started turning into a blowout the last few years (if my memory is correct) and was basically ruining the race. It wasn't the Kenyan runners fault, but the underhanded play by the school officials.

What is often seen as racist by non-Japanese is usually what I see as Japanese low-self esteem.

In my experience, in general Japanese hate themselves a lot more than they hate foriegners.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
dannavy85 (Offline)
JF Regular

08-31-2007, 01:44 PM

We live in interesting times. With the shortage and high cost of domestic labor, the Japanese government has brought over record numbers of cheap foreign workers. Even though whole industrial sectors now depend on foreign labor, few publicly accept the symbiosis as permanent. Instead, foreigners are being blamed for Japan's problems.

Boy, it sounds like....I don't know......AMERICA!

We hear the excuses of absolute creeps like Bill Gates every day..."We need more foreign visas for more skilled labor." What this really means is "Screw the middle class and low income Americans!"

I feel sympathy for the Japanese citizen, you are being stabbed in the back by the business elite and your politicians just as we are and who is getting all the benefits? The Chinese government, The Chinese Military and the Mexican elites. Doesn't this feel like the late 20's and 1930's all over again? How did the Militarist in Japan build up their power so fast? Cheep products en masse and cheep foreign labor.

Good! Turn them in! Hunt them down and send them home! And while we're at it we should arrest our politicians, these criminal CEO's and business owners who knowingly hire and support illegal aliens.

We have a right to preserve national sovereignty, it's key to our national security and defense. There are no excuses...economic, liberal or otherwise for the importation and exploitation of slave labor, both the Japanese and American Constitutions spell out clearly that slave labor is an abominant crime against humanity.

Having dirt poor Mexicans, Asians and South Americans working in the abysmal conditions known to be provided by American and Japanese companies escaping American law across the Reo Grande or Japanese law in Vietnam or having them here and in Japan with their rampent diseases, criminal activity, and slave like wages should abhore everyone.

The answer to illegal aliens is to take the war to their countries, topple their elitist and corrupt criminal regimes, support the common man's rights and establish a true working Democracy accountable to the people then prosperity will follow and illegal aliens will stop coming.

Otherwise, we can continue to thirst for cheep goods and build up another regional warmonger for another World War...past is prolog.

USN Japan 1985 - 1997, best years of my life.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
vulgarshudder (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-01-2007, 01:45 AM

That was written by debito arudoru or whatever his name is. Who I personally think is a bit nuts. He's prone to exageration (comparing Japan to apartide...) and I don't like his form of 'activism'. Being a loud mouth dick is not gonna work in Japan, it's just going to make Japanese recoil from foriegners.

And...well, kicking out low skilled workers after 3 years, even if it was my country to say anything about, I don't have a problem with. I witnessed the flood of eastern european workers into London over the past few years, and as a result as a graduate I couldn't get a job at all, even as a cleaner.

Illeagle immigrants, well they shouldn't be here in the first place.

But oh noes, my high-skilled resident human rights being affected by biometric data recording? That is the way the world is going since 9/11, it's not just Japan. And I'm not a terroist so they can fingerprint me all they want.

おれんとこ来ないか?
(#10 (permalink))
Old
kitski (Offline)
Kakkoi

Anime producers act against illegal downloaders in Singapore - 09-01-2007, 09:55 AM

sry..wanted to make a new thread>.<

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow.
Don't walk behind me, I may not lead.
Just walk beside me and be my friend.-- Albert Camus