JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
Japan's health(y) issues - 10-12-2007, 12:34 AM

Ever wondered why the Japanese are one of the world's healthiest people today (and they look oh, so awesomely good too, don't they? )? Two words: Magnetic & Alkaline. Or, to be more precise, magnetic therapy and alkaline water.

Below are two extracts about a renowned Japanese who has spent over 40 years in the medical field and 20 years studying magnetic therapy.

"Kyoichi Nakagawa (http://web.singnet.com.sg/~kokfai/nakagawa.htm), M.D., Director of the Isuzu hospital in Tokyo, Japan, believes that the time people spend in buildings and cars reduces their exposure to natural geomagnetic fields of the earth, and may interfere with their health. He calls the condition that they subsequently must suffer from, magnetic field deficiency syndrome, which, he says, can cause headaches, dizziness, muscle stiffness, chest pain, insomnia, constipation, and general fatigue."

"During 1958 we, as part of the research on "Magnetism and Living Bodies", published the results of tests conducted to relieve stiffness of the shoulders. A reasonably high rate of success was achieved by having participants wear ferrite permanent magnet bands in the form of bracelets. The details of the tests were reported to the first symposium, Fujimoto also reported finding the same magnetic bracelet effective in treating stiffness of the shoulders. Furthermore, Kimura et al. reported that by using two types of magnetic bracelets having surface flux densities of 470 gauss, improvement of subjective symptoms but no change in blood serum fat, blood serum protein and their fractions were noticed. Also, Nambu et al. under the guidance of Kimura, by having 1,163 magnetic bracelets and for comparison 644 non-magnetized bracelets worn to treat stiffness of the shoulders, found a considerable difference between the two groups. Using hospitalized patients we also tested foam rubber mattresses containing ferrite permanent magnets, reporting that improvement of subjective symptoms but no change in clinical tests was found. Tomizuka et al., also reported finding magnetic fields effective in treating various diseases."
:: Magnetic Field Deficiency Syndrome and Magnetic Treatment - By: Kyoichi Nakagawa MD ::

Japan is extremely advanced in terms of magnetic technology today. It has become a daily necessity for them to constantly expose themselves to magnetism. To add on, this therapy has the capabilities to regulate blood circulation and force cholesterol out of the human body as excess waste. Many major diseases such as heart disease, kidney failure, stroke are effects of the obstruction of the blood circulation by the large amount of cholesterol we take in everyday.

Fun fact: Our body needs a minimum requirement of 1500mg of cholesterol each day. However, our body already produces around 1200mg of that substance daily. So, by consuming just an egg yolk, which happens to be about 266mg (nearly 300mg), will suffice for the day's food intake. Still want that egg to go along with your chicken chop? Lol XD~!

A magnetic pad:

Another cause for the Japanese's incredible health status might be the water they drink.

"Microwater first came to notice in Japan, where researchers noted that people drinking water that came from certain fast-moving rocky mountain streams enjoyed extraordinarily good health. It turned out that this naturally occurring water was alkaline and had a different structure and electrical properties." Larry Clapp, PhD. in "Prostate Health in 90 Days"

"Research in Japan since the 1950's and testimonials indicate the following conditions have been improved from drinking alkaline ion water

. Arthritis
. Heartburn
. Chronic fatigue
. Indigestion
. Leg cramps
. High blood pressure
. Poor circulation
. Migraines
. Nausea
. Obesity
. Osteoporeosis
. Psoriasis
. Stress

No disease can exist in an alkaline environment. Japanese medicine has proven this over the last 15 years. The AZ Antioxidant Water Fountain can restore proper alkaline pH within weeks.

- Alkaline Antioxidant Water boils faster
- Alkaline Antioxidant Water extracts a greater amount of tea from tea leaves when brewing.
- Vegetables cooked in Alkaline Antioxidant Water retain their shape and rice is fluffier.
- Acid foods are made more alkaline.
- In Japan, Alkaline Antioxidant Water is known as a "hangover cure.
It...
- Flushes toxins
- Disarms Free Radicals
- Restores alkalinity in your body
- Increases stable oxygen in your body
- Enhances delivery of nutrients"
::Benefits of Alkaline Water - Water Ionizers Plus

Yup, that is indeed, what our bodies need. Our food - both veggies and meat have been chemicalized to such an extent that we are unable to avoid practically inviting pollutants into our system. Animals are being injected with quick-growth chemicals and plants are being sprayed with insecticides/pesticides. But for hustling and bustling societies like ours, it is quite impossible to find time to go out of our way to prevent this phenomenon from occuring, which is why nations like Japan have came out with various ways and means to not only prolong the lifespan of humans, but also extend the limits of our natural comfort.

Fun fact: People are the healthiest when they are born. Try testing the saliva of a baby with a piece of litmus paper and use another piece on the saliva of a teenager/adult. Guess which one will turn blue?

Alkaline water kit:

If anyone else knows of any other causes and effects pertaining to how the Japanese can stay so healthy, this is your thread to post in ^_^

P.S. this thread is open to any prior queries, as well.

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.

Last edited by CoolNard : 10-13-2007 at 07:06 AM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Kayci (Offline)
The odd Gaijin :3

Send a message via MSN to Kayci
10-20-2007, 01:51 PM

Ladies and gentleman, I think that adds another reason to my very big list of reasons why I'll move to japan as permanment citizen by 28 years old :]

Coffee prevents me from killing you.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
10-25-2007, 11:31 AM

Umm, I don`t know a single person in Japan who uses any of that.
The only times I have seen it is in those long "paid programming" commercial programs trying to sell to gullible people up late at night.
I don`t think it has anything at all to do with health in Japan.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
CoolNard (Offline)
Yours Rightfully Insolent

Send a message via MSN to CoolNard
10-28-2007, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
Umm, I don`t know a single person in Japan who uses any of that.
The only times I have seen it is in those long "paid programming" commercial programs trying to sell to gullible people up late at night.
I don`t think it has anything at all to do with health in Japan.
Facts are facts after all, Nyororin. Apparently, there are people in Japan reputable for their affiliation with these products. I wouldn't count on your experience alone, although it is recommendable, to judge the whole of Japan; indeed, a little could still be something. But I would like to take this opportunity to ask you to correct me more elaborately, if you wish, because I know whatever facts I list about Japan can only be seen as second-hand views, unlike yours. ^^

There's no such thing as happy endings, for when you find true love, happiness is everlasting.

Last edited by CoolNard : 10-28-2007 at 03:17 PM.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
TokyoFerrari (Offline)
The white guy in Tokyo

10-30-2007, 12:55 AM

I live here and never seen people use that stuff.

Japanese health is good because of the diet. But this is changing. Lung cancer is almost double Americas, and since the introduction of McDonalds and stuff, well, it is not that healthy anymore. The medical system is very bad and I will put it this way. I have the money to go to the best hospitals in Japan, but, the surgrey to repair my knee, hellllll no. I flew back to America. The common cold, sure. But have you seen a Japanese hospital? Nasty and dirty. Even St. Lukes in tokyo. I am petrified of Japanese medicine. My wife who went to John Hopkins for her check up and physical was shocked. She will never go to another japanese hospital again. lol We fly to America about every other month. She would rather wait till we get to America to see a doctor. I dont blame her.

I am sure the people who live here canback me up on this one.

Remember the hospital that was doing blood transfusions with HIV+ blood? Then they swore it was not their fault and found a way to blaim the government?
(#6 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

10-30-2007, 01:46 AM

from what i know, the american medical system is horrible too, so if that is better than japanese, i'm a little worried

have you seen sicko? if so, can you confirm or unconfirm things about it? i want to know if america really is that bad
(#7 (permalink))
Old
yukiNnight (Offline)
Banned

Send a message via AIM to yukiNnight
10-30-2007, 02:03 AM

wow that's alot u wrote, but are u sure japanese people r the most healthiest today?
(#8 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-30-2007, 02:11 AM

I have not seen Sicko, but it isn't a comment on America's doctor's but on the health-care system as a whole.

I broke my ankle in a bicycle accident in Japan. I went to our local hospital, and got an X-ray. The doctor told me I hadn't broken my ankle and I just needed a splint. I had never broken a bone before, and took his word for it. After a couple days, I went back and saw a different doctor and he told me showed me clearly on the x-ray where my ankle was broken, and proceeded to put a cast on it.

As he put a cast on me, I literally watched a doctor suture a boy's hand who cut it playing baseball with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth.

After I got the cast off I was encouraged to come to "Rehabili" daily, if I liked. I was supposed to put my leg in a huge tank of very hot water and let the bubbles massage my foot. After about the third visit, I asked the nurse what medicine they put in the water (it had a green tinge to it.) She told me "Nothing, it's just hot water." I never went to "Rehabili" again. Now I can't sit seiza more than a few minutes without that ankle hurting, probably because the cast was set so many days after the break,

The nice thing was the whole affair cost me all of about 30 dollars, for medicine and shippu, but was it worth that deal?
(#9 (permalink))
Old
TokyoFerrari (Offline)
The white guy in Tokyo

10-30-2007, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
from what i know, the american medical system is horrible too, so if that is better than japanese, i'm a little worried

have you seen sicko? if so, can you confirm or unconfirm things about it? i want to know if america really is that bad
From your point of view it is. France is known to have the #1 system in the world. As far as your doctors go, most are educated at John Hopkins.

American medical system is not bad. It is actually very good. The doctors are very educated. That guy from Sicko will be shot one day. There are good places and bad places.

Woman dies in ER lobby as 911 refuses to help - More Health News - MSNBC.com

you see that. That is the people, not the system. He went to the ghetto. Their hospitals suck. The people there are rancid. I think this is wrong. The government should get involved and clean these places up. The system is just fine. And if you do it the right way, it is almost free. In France, not to many people take advantage of the system.

I can actually say this and back it up. It is not americans that are bad with it. It is the NON American citizens that ruin it for us. They are the ones who feel the should get free medical cause they are whatever. They should all be shot.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
TokyoFerrari (Offline)
The white guy in Tokyo

10-30-2007, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I have not seen Sicko, but it isn't a comment on America's doctor's but on the health-care system as a whole.

I broke my ankle in a bicycle accident in Japan. I went to our local hospital, and got an X-ray. The doctor told me I hadn't broken my ankle and I just needed a splint. I had never broken a bone before, and took his word for it. After a couple days, I went back and saw a different doctor and he told me showed me clearly on the x-ray where my ankle was broken, and proceeded to put a cast on it.

As he put a cast on me, I literally watched a doctor suture a boy's hand who cut it playing baseball with a cigarette hanging out of his mouth.

After I got the cast off I was encouraged to come to "Rehabili" daily, if I liked. I was supposed to put my leg in a huge tank of very hot water and let the bubbles massage my foot. After about the third visit, I asked the nurse what medicine they put in the water (it had a green tinge to it.) She told me "Nothing, it's just hot water." I never went to "Rehabili" again. Now I can't sit seiza more than a few minutes without that ankle hurting, probably because the cast was set so many days after the break,

The nice thing was the whole affair cost me all of about 30 dollars, for medicine and shippu, but was it worth that deal?
Go to America, have them re-break it and set it. Seriously. It will save you a lifetime.