JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Avary_Ninja (Offline)
Semi-competent Ninja

Japanese are the best tourists in the world - 05-24-2007, 06:44 AM

... and French are the worst. This is the result of a survey conducted in tourist venues in Europe.

Japanese come in first place, followed by Americans in second, and Swiss in third place.

The worst are the French, followed by Indians and Chinese.

Quote:
The best tourists in the world are the Japanese, followed by Americans and the Swiss, a survey based on views from hoteliers across Europe says.

Japanese tourists stood out for being polite and tidy, securing 35 per cent more votes than the Americans who came second.

Swiss tourists were commended for being quiet and considerate, unlike the Britons who were judged to be the fifth worst tourists because of rude behaviour, noise and a miserly attitude to tipping.

But despite their faults, hoteliers do look favourably upon British spending habits voting them the third biggest holiday spenders after Americans and Russians.

Based on responses from 15,000 European hoteliers, the survey carried out on behalf of travel website Expedia showed that the worst tourist nation was France, followed by India, China and Russia.

Britain was second in the worst-dressed tourist table which was headed by the Americans, and fifth in the least-generous table which was headed by the Germans.
Source : Japanese the world's best tourists - New Zealand's source for travel news on Stuff.co.nz

"Men, I do not order you to fight; I order you to die". ~ Mustapha Kemal at the Battle of Gallipoli
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Kuroneko (Offline)
JF Vet.

05-24-2007, 06:58 AM

Thats Cool

(oh hi Avary long time no see.)

"To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering, one must not love. But then, one suffers from not loving. Therefore, to love is to suffer."
(#3 (permalink))
Old
YaksokuDa (Offline)
Banned

05-24-2007, 11:08 AM

Haha, we got 2nd worst dressed.

(#4 (permalink))
Old
Avary_Ninja (Offline)
Semi-competent Ninja

05-24-2007, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaksokuDa View Post
Haha, we got 2nd worst dressed.
Blame the chavs and the travelling Liverpool supporters ^_^

"Men, I do not order you to fight; I order you to die". ~ Mustapha Kemal at the Battle of Gallipoli
(#5 (permalink))
Old
YaksokuDa (Offline)
Banned

05-24-2007, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avary_Ninja View Post
Blame the chavs and the travelling Liverpool supporters ^_^
Ahaha true, and the midde aged men, in bright shirts, shorts, white socks and jesus sandles.

(#6 (permalink))
Old
Sophieneechan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-24-2007, 11:55 AM

In the café I'm working at during summers, we had some french customers. They weren't bad at all. But you should never talk to them about politics, religion or football.. Expecially if it's right before the world cup final between France and Italy! I was cheering for Italy, so..

Sophie
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

05-24-2007, 03:35 PM

Americans are second best tourists? Wow I never would have thought that. In our native country as a whole Americans are jerks. At least we are good enough to repsect other cultures, so I am happy with that much.

It's no surprise that the Japanese are in first place seeing how they are like the most respectful people on the planet. No country besides them has the system of "honorifics" that they use. It's very unique indeed.

PS. It's nice to see you making threads again Avary-san
(#8 (permalink))
Old
cocoluvnihon (Offline)
The"Kewl Otaku" one

Send a message via AIM to cocoluvnihon Send a message via MSN to cocoluvnihon Send a message via Yahoo to cocoluvnihon
05-25-2007, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanji_The_Wanderer View Post
Americans are second best tourists? Wow I never would have thought that. In our native country as a whole Americans are jerks. At least we are good enough to repsect other cultures, so I am happy with that much.

It's no surprise that the Japanese are in first place seeing how they are like the most respectful people on the planet. No country besides them has the system of "honorifics" that they use. It's very unique indeed.

PS. It's nice to see you making threads again Avary-san
^ we respect other peoples' cultures hahahha look at the way we treat immigrants esp. if they are ILLEGAL i highly disagree about the way we respect other people's cultures
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Janissary (Offline)
JF Regular

05-25-2007, 07:25 AM

Maybe Americans were chose 2nd because they spent a lot? Do you?

Greetings from Turkiye (Toruko)

おぞはん & オゾハン
My real name is Özhan
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Kanji_The_Wanderer (Offline)
風林火山

05-28-2007, 12:41 AM

Quote:
[^ we respect other peoples' cultures hahahha look at the way we treat immigrants esp. if they are ILLEGAL i highly disagree about the way we respect other people's cultures
Well I guess you are right, people don't like illegal immigrants because they steal the work. So Americans don't like the people, but no one ever said that we don't respect their culture. Americans are just rude, they don't respect people in general. >_<

But they are probably in 2nd place because that they are big spenders.

Someone come and be a tourist with me to Japan! (lol I could never afford it.)