JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
JapanJon (Offline)
New to JF

Thumbs down Inexpensive Air Tickets 4 Leaving Japan (slight off Topic) - 12-27-2007, 11:09 AM

Hi.

Slightly off topic. I am wondering advice on inexpensive tickets leaving / returning Japan. Now, of all the travel agents, I am convinced that Number One Travel is either very competitively priced, or the best around (can anyone recommend better??).

Now, I am learning different tricks of the trade, and am now using my frequent flyer mileage and purchasing "Mystery Tickets" to get even cheaper prices.

Friend of mine told me about the following three companies as also being very inexpensive:

Travelocity
Expedia Travel
AirGorilla

I checked their prices, and they are extremely competitive with Number One Travel (HIT, HIS, and the rest). Now, I am reluctant to use them because as far as I know none of these companies have an office in Tokyo, and I worry if a problem, I could lose the ticket.

I wonder if others have used these companies (or similar -- please list) and if they are recommended to use from Tokyo.

Also, do others have other advice on getting cheaper tickets in Japan? For example, I heard there are some Chinese discount travel agents in Shinjuku which are cheaper than the Japanese travel agents, and looked but could not find them.

Thx.

JapanJon
(#2 (permalink))
Old
jasonbvr (Offline)
TrixR4Kidz

12-27-2007, 04:46 PM

FlightFinder Japan searches/lists major agencies in Japan including #1 Travel.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
JapanJon (Offline)
New to JF

12-28-2007, 03:28 AM

I've used FlightFinder many times. They are limited to the four following agencies: 1. STA. 2. A'cross, 3. IACE, and 4. HIT. I've compared all those agencies to Number One Travel, and generally in my experience (but not always) Number One Travel is cheaper than all four of those agencies.

The question is, how do Travelocity, Expedia Travel, and AirGorilla compare. From what I can tell, they are not only competitive with all the Japanese companies, but in many cases lower. Much lower. However, I question purchasing a airline ticket on the Internet w/ no offices in Tokyo -- in case a problem.

JapanJon