JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Runner (Offline)
New to JF

Traveling to Japan - 01-01-2008, 07:01 PM

This post may seem unorganized and slightly off-topic, but please forgive me; I just registered today. I want to travel to Japan before February, if possible, because I want to go there before I turn eighteen. Is there a way I can do this besides just taking money of of my pocket and getting a one-way or round-trip ticket? To be more specific, are there any scholarship programs, internship programs, et cetera that I can take advantage of? I understand that asking such a vague question about a process that must happen in one month is demanding, but if there's anyway you can think of I would be very thankful. Also, I may post another thread about traveling to Japan, if it doesn't take up too much space.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Hatredcopter (Offline)
In the middle of nowhere!

01-01-2008, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
To be more specific, are there any scholarship programs, internship programs, et cetera
You would be very hard pressed to find a scholarship or internship program if your trip to Japan isn't affiliated with any academic institution. Also, be aware that the closer you get to your departure date, the more expensive the plane ticket becomes... sometimes a lot more expensive.

郷に入っては郷に従え
(#3 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-01-2008, 09:59 PM

You usually need to apply at least six months in advance to get into a program.

Do you at least have a passport?