JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
seaghyn (Offline)
Spaceward

Send a message via AIM to seaghyn
What to do upon landing at Narita - 01-05-2008, 11:44 PM

Okay, this has been bugging me for a bit, and I'm hard-pressed to find an up to date bit of info on this. My question is exactly as the forum topic specifies. As soon as I get off the plane in Narita, following the signs to immigration, what happens? I've never gone to another country except to Canada, and all we did was show our birth certificates. I know I need the passport, and I'm going under the visa exemption for just under 90 days, so what happens to me?

Thanks for the advice and help.

PS. What's 6'2'' compared to average height in Japan? (just for an idea)

~Seaghyn~

Last edited by seaghyn : 01-06-2008 at 03:32 AM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Housetek (Offline)
is a big dork

Send a message via AIM to Housetek Send a message via MSN to Housetek Send a message via Skype™ to Housetek
01-06-2008, 03:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seaghyn View Post
Okay, this has been bugging me for a bit, and I'm hard-pressed to find an up to date bit of info on this. My question is exactly as the forum topic specifies. As soon as I get off the plane in Narita, following the signs to immigration, what happens? I've never gone to another country except to Canada, and all we did was show our birth certificates. I know I need the passport, and I'm going under the visa exemption for just under 90 days, so what happens to me?

Thanks for the advice and help.

PS. What's 6'2'' compared to average height in Japan? (just for an idea)

~Seaghyn~
First check out Houseteks guide to tokyo

goes step by step what to do with traveling

but for quick reference, Basically you get off the plane go thru immigration

get your bags at luggage claim. after that you walk out the door.

Pending on where you need to get to.

Go to the Skyliner or Air Limousine desk. They sell bust tickets to just about any where in Tokyo for 3000 yen which is around 27 dollars or something.

if you are going further then Tokyo, you will want to get to the Train Ticket desk.

the airport is very English friendly you shouldnt have much to worry about, to further help answer your questions, you will need to provide me with some more info such as your destination after you leave the airport.

but to simply answer your question

Get off plane
Go thru immigration
Get Luggage
Get Ticket out of airport

not much hassel. i usualy get out within 30-45 minutes.

dont bother buying any phones or any thing at the airport. go with my phone tutorial.

also the average japanese height is kinda hard to say, i see some short and some very tall. it varies a lot.

i wouldnt worry so much about your height, just worry bout learning your etiquette.

Travelers to japan have a bad rep, lets one by one try to change that stereotype.

Good luck with your trip and feel free to pm
me with any questions.

-htek

MR.JF & Jf God
heres a personal Ty to all who voted and participated http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ER8CsVuTNY

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=housetek
please check out the videos and subscribe!

feel free to pm/aim/msn me for any Q's on Japan
(#3 (permalink))
Old
seaghyn (Offline)
Spaceward

Send a message via AIM to seaghyn
01-06-2008, 03:59 AM

Thanks for the post!

Also, this is what I found on the airports site. So, it seems like I'll be able to manage.

NARITA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT OFFICIAL WEBSITE - Terminal 2 Information:Arrival & Departure Procedures

Thanks again.

Last edited by seaghyn : 01-06-2008 at 04:04 AM.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
filiadragongurl (Offline)
Japan Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to filiadragongurl
01-06-2008, 08:26 PM

Even though you already have an answer, I thought I'd give my input too since I flew in Sept. '06... So I went to Japan for study abroad and I went to the airport in Osaka, but I imagine it's quite similar. The only thing I remember clearly (other than walking through halls and walking out into the main airport) is waiting in a line and showing my passport to someone sitting in a booth. They just checked it out and stamped it, no big deal, no questions or anything. I hear they recently started doing a finger print thing now for any foreigner who goes into Japan. It's just to make sure you are who you say you are and you haven't been "banned for life" from Japan previously (which I guess they do sometimes...)

Anyway, the point is, it's no big deal and it will be super obvious what to do once you're there. Usually people who work in the airports know English quite well in case you need to ask something.