JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japan Travel Advice (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japan-travel-advice/)
-   -   How packed are flights to Japan? (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japan-travel-advice/11377-how-packed-flights-japan.html)

seaghyn 01-06-2008 04:58 AM

How packed are flights to Japan?

Just have a quick question, especially now that time is winding down. Anybody know or have a rough estimate how packed flights are usually going to Japan around the 8th of January? (Going to be a bit greedy here) It's just that on a 14 hour flight it would be nice to have a row of seats to oneself =).

Yes No?

Hatredcopter 01-06-2008 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seaghyn (Post 348388)
it would be nice to have a row of seats to oneself =).

Ha... good luck with that.

That should answer your question well enough.

reptilesandsamurai 01-06-2008 05:59 AM

the flights I've been on were pretty packed. You can do yourself a favor and ask for either a bulkhead seat or an exit row.

samurai007 01-06-2008 06:45 AM

The 1st flight going to Japan with the JET program was completely booked, mostly by JETS! The SF participants got about 60 people each on 2 planes, so I was surrounded by fellow new JETS on the way over, which was really cool.

On the 3 other flights I took (back to the US to visit my family after 1 year there, then back to Japan for a 2nd year, then home again) were also pretty busy, and they were red eye flights leaving at like 2 AM...

seaghyn 01-06-2008 07:52 AM

ah ha ha.... well, I guess I'm gonna have to find a way to survive...are there any tips out there then to keep muscles uncramped, stretching, or any ideas on what any1 out there does to survive a 13 hour plane trip??

Gonna miss flying to my dad's on a 2 hour flight, with about 20 empty rows, and a most of the taken rows having one or two people. They actually told us seating didn't matter, and we were able to pretty much stretch out and sleep as if the row were a bed. This isn't gonna be like that huh =). Moika. もいか

MMM 01-06-2008 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seaghyn (Post 348544)
ah ha ha.... well, I guess I'm gonna have to find a way to survive...are there any tips out there then to keep muscles uncramped, stretching, or any ideas on what any1 out there does to survive a 13 hour plane trip??

Gonna miss flying to my dad's on a 2 hour flight, with about 20 empty rows, and a most of the taken rows having one or two people. They actually told us seating didn't matter, and we were able to pretty much stretch out and sleep as if the row were a bed. This isn't gonna be like that huh =). Moika. もいか

Ask for an aisle or an exit seat. Take lots of walks. Everyone does it.

seaghyn 01-06-2008 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM (Post 348572)
Ask for an aisle or an exit seat. Take lots of walks. Everyone does it.

If everyone does it, then why are there middle and window seats =P. I get the feeling I'm gonna end up stuck in the middle where I can't look at the ocean to ease my pains, or get to the aisle without asking the guy peacefully listening to his music with his eyes closed, to move.

=). Well, the trip in and of itself should be part of the adventure, right?

ありがとう ございます

MMM 01-06-2008 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seaghyn (Post 348583)
If everyone does it, then why are there middle and window seats =P. I get the feeling I'm gonna end up stuck in the middle where I can't look at the ocean to ease my pains, or get to the aisle without asking the guy peacefully listening to his music with his eyes closed, to move.

=). Well, the trip in and of itself should be part of the adventure, right?

ありがとう ございます

I mean everyone takes walks. Only smart people ask for aisle or exit seats.

fz22gq 01-06-2008 09:26 AM

I flew back on the 2nd and it was FULL ... the only reason i flew back on the 2nd was the 3,4,5 were all booked. Busy time of the year.

fz22gq 01-06-2008 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMM (Post 348641)
I mean everyone takes walks. Only smart people ask for aisle or exit seats.

I prefer to fly business and be done with it. :)