JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
jpdrag0n (Offline)
日本頑張れ!

the seedy parts of tokyo - 01-12-2008, 01:57 PM

ive been in tokyo for 3 months now and its been a great experience so far. lots of great people, food, and the sights are just amazing. but as we all know there is another side to tokyo. having been taken to a hostess bar with a cousins business friend i know somewhat of what happens in the seedy parts of town. the most famous part of tokyo is probably kabukicho. this red light district is a paradise if youre looking for a little fun. of course being a lonely college student (being japanese but being unable to speak japanese because i was born in Hawaii seems to have destroyed my chances of meeting girls here) i went to kabukicho for the first time. aside from the glares from the yakuza (having dyed hair and not dressing like a college student) some older japanese guy introduced me to his business and an hour later i had finished what he had promised. anyways getting to the point...dont come here. its a waste of money and the girls are...ok i wont get into that. in the US alot of kids my age have an impression that japan is full of pretty girls and one of my friends is coming just for that i think under the guise hes studying abroad. i hope this isnt too graphic...which i dont think it is because i didnt explain in detail what i did. but i just dont want any more suckers to get wrapped up into this stuff. for all you guys coming here...dont go to these kind of places. its a part of japanese culture and i have friends at school who often come to these places but really...meet a girl through legit means and take it from there. ill be doing that now that im poor.

そんな関係ねぇ!

HERO OF JAPAN
(#2 (permalink))
Old
chachava (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to chachava
01-12-2008, 02:49 PM

some hostesses are stunningly beautiful... depends on the size of your wallet though I guess

That said, as with any country, there are plenty of beautiful females who don't work in the seedy industries
(#3 (permalink))
Old
jpdrag0n (Offline)
日本頑張れ!

01-12-2008, 02:59 PM

yes thats true. im sure the most luxurious hostess club in tokyo has model-like girls working there...but ill never know.

そんな関係ねぇ!

HERO OF JAPAN
(#4 (permalink))
Old
chachava (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-12-2008, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdrag0n View Post
yes thats true. im sure the most luxurious hostess club in tokyo has model-like girls working there...but ill never know.
wouldn't worry about it too much... despite how beautiful they are, the fact remains that they are simply one step away from being whores
(#5 (permalink))
Old
jpdrag0n (Offline)
日本頑張れ!

01-12-2008, 03:09 PM

lol thats true too...oh well. guess i should go to that nomikai next week to get a dose of reality for myself.

そんな関係ねぇ!

HERO OF JAPAN
(#6 (permalink))
Old
chachava (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-12-2008, 03:13 PM

Maybe won't work if you look Japanese, but sitting in a coffee shop in Shinjuku is a good way to make friends (ie, 'be used' by people)

I get asked all the time for help if someone is reading/writing something in English whilst enjoying a drink (can be a little annoying)... seems to be the only time Japanese people will actively approach me haha. That said, some of the girls have been pretty cute and I would be tempted to see what I could get if I was single haha
(#7 (permalink))
Old
jpdrag0n (Offline)
日本頑張れ!

01-12-2008, 03:30 PM

LOL funny that you mentioned that because alot of the swiss/french/german guys here get approached at cafes too...or so ive heard. girls just randomly coming up to them and talking to them. of course because i look japanese people treat me the same...which sometimes i dont like for the above reason of not being able to just sit back at a cafe and people start talking to u. sigh

そんな関係ねぇ!

HERO OF JAPAN
(#8 (permalink))
Old
chachava (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-12-2008, 03:35 PM

Quote:
LOL funny that you mentioned that because alot of the swiss/french/german guys here get approached at cafes too...or so ive heard.

I'd put money on it being true - happens to me at least twice a week...
(#9 (permalink))
Old
jpdrag0n (Offline)
日本頑張れ!

01-12-2008, 03:39 PM

lmao. sometimes i wish i looked western. or maybe i wish i was just fluent in japanese already...sheesh im japanese after all

そんな関係ねぇ!

HERO OF JAPAN
(#10 (permalink))
Old
chachava (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-12-2008, 03:42 PM

Quote:
lmao. sometimes i wish i looked western. or maybe i wish i was just fluent in japanese already...sheesh im japanese after all

I felt the same way before it started happening... now it is annoying because I know I am just being used haha