JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
micxnet (Offline)
New to JF

01-19-2008, 09:47 AM

I'm traveling to Japan for my first trip between March 22nd till April 4th, will be visiting Tokyo, Kyoto and Hiroshima.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
sliksock (Offline)
New to JF

01-19-2008, 08:56 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm planning my first trip to Japan in April. I'll be flying out of LAX non-stop to Narita on April 13th and flying back on April 23rd. I plan to spend the entire time in Tokyo, seeing the sights and walking around taking pictures. I have some specific places I plan to go and some places I'm still considering seeing. Doubtlessly there are places I haven't considered as of yet that I will end up making plans to visit. The only thing I have specifically planned is to check out Harajuku on Sunday, everything else is very fluid.

I'll be staying at the Hotel Rose Garden in Shinjuku. From what I have read here and other places, Shinjuku seems like a great place to start each day.

I'm chomping at the bit for April to hurry up and get here. My last vacation was back in 2004 when I spent 2 weeks in Thailand and I can't wait to get out into the world again.

Sliksock
(#13 (permalink))
Old
samurai007 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-19-2008, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliksock View Post
Hello everyone,

I'm planning my first trip to Japan in April. I'll be flying out of LAX non-stop to Narita on April 13th and flying back on April 23rd. I plan to spend the entire time in Tokyo, seeing the sights and walking around taking pictures. I have some specific places I plan to go and some places I'm still considering seeing. Doubtlessly there are places I haven't considered as of yet that I will end up making plans to visit. The only thing I have specifically planned is to check out Harajuku on Sunday, everything else is very fluid.

I'll be staying at the Hotel Rose Garden in Shinjuku. From what I have read here and other places, Shinjuku seems like a great place to start each day.

I'm chomping at the bit for April to hurry up and get here. My last vacation was back in 2004 when I spent 2 weeks in Thailand and I can't wait to get out into the world again.

Sliksock
IMHO, what a waste it would be to fly all the way to Japan and stay in Tokyo for all 10 days... Read some past threads here and look at some pictures and guidebooks to find a ton of other places to visit in Japan besides just Tokyo.

When you went to Thailand, did you stay in 1 city the whole time, or did you get out, see some of the countryside, visit some temples, beaches, etc?

JET Program, 1996-98, Wakayama-ken, Hashimoto-shi

Link to pictures from my time in Japan
(#14 (permalink))
Old
koaku (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-19-2008, 09:18 PM

Going to Japan In August 2008 for 4yrs!!! (if im good) its for finish my Bachelor (2yrs) and maybe finish my study there.. is there somebody else who going to Japan for study?

I Honestly, seriously and truly.....don't care about U
(#15 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

01-19-2008, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koaku View Post
Going to Japan In August 2008 for 4yrs!!! (if im good) its for finish my Bachelor (2yrs) and maybe finish my study there.. is there somebody else who going to Japan for study?
hey, long time no speak... WOW, you're going for FOUR years? I'm going to Osaka for 1 or 2 years... Unfortunately Tokyo seems a little too expensive for poor me, so i've chosen osaka!!
(#16 (permalink))
Old
sliksock (Offline)
New to JF

01-19-2008, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai007 View Post
IMHO, what a waste it would be to fly all the way to Japan and stay in Tokyo for all 10 days... Read some past threads here and look at some pictures and guidebooks to find a ton of other places to visit in Japan besides just Tokyo.

When you went to Thailand, did you stay in 1 city the whole time, or did you get out, see some of the countryside, visit some temples, beaches, etc?
I'm sorry, I should have made it clear that when I said this would be my first trip to Japan, I meant FIRST OF MANY. This particular trip I plan to stay entirely in Tokyo. Though I have to admit, I cannot for the life of me imagine how 10 full days in Tokyo to do whatever you want could ever be considered a waste no matter how you look at it.
(#17 (permalink))
Old
koaku (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-19-2008, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodle View Post
hey, long time no speak... WOW, you're going for FOUR years? I'm going to Osaka for 1 or 2 years... Unfortunately Tokyo seems a little too expensive for poor me, so i've chosen osaka!!

Yeah long time! and yes again ,i will finish my 2yrs Bachelor left and maybe finish there...My dad already have an appartement near or in Shinjuku so...Thank You EDF!!lol

(#18 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

01-19-2008, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Yeah long time! and yes again ,i will finish my 2yrs Bachelor left and maybe finish there...My dad already have an appartement near or in Shinjuku so...Thank You EDF!!lol
haha, lucky for some!!! mais pourquoi 2 ans? le "bachelors" c'est 3 ans et t'es deja en 2e annee!
(#19 (permalink))
Old
koaku (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-19-2008, 10:11 PM

1 ans pour le Japonnais j'en ai jamais fais!! normalement la plupart des cours sont en anglais mais certain cour serait en Jap. donc...

(#20 (permalink))
Old
noodle (Offline)
Wo zhi dao ni ai wo

01-19-2008, 10:16 PM

Quote:
1 ans pour le Japonnais j'en ai jamais fais!! normalement la plupart des cours sont en anglais mais certain cour serait en Jap. donc...
A mrd. J'espere pour moi que tout les cours sont en anglais, si non, j'vais perdr un an pour rien!