JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
koaku (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-19-2008, 10:20 PM

bah moi j'espere juste que ce ne sera pas des cours super super important j'ai un amis qui a fait Todai 1 ans, master je crois, il n'avais aucun cour en Japonnais donc..

I Honestly, seriously and truly.....don't care about U
(#22 (permalink))
Old
samurai007 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-19-2008, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliksock View Post
I'm sorry, I should have made it clear that when I said this would be my first trip to Japan, I meant FIRST OF MANY. This particular trip I plan to stay entirely in Tokyo. Though I have to admit, I cannot for the life of me imagine how 10 full days in Tokyo to do whatever you want could ever be considered a waste no matter how you look at it.
It's up to you, you may have very different tastes than me. But on my 8 day trip through eastern Japan, I spent it like this:

Day 1: Leave my home in Hashimoto-shi, Wakayama-ken, travel to Lake Biwa, visit a fishing village, travel on to Kanazawa.

Day 2: Explore Kanazawa, especially the beautiful park, travel to Takayama.

Day 3: See Hida Folk Village and old part of town.

Day 4: Hiking in the Japan Alps, travel to Matsumoto.

Day 5: See Matsumoto Castle, travel to Tokyo.

Day 6: Explore Tokyo, especially looking for manga, see Hachiko statue, Harajuku, Shibuya, etc.

Day 7: Day trip to Nikko, north of Tokyo, to see temples there.

Day 8: Travel back home from Tokyo to Hashimoto.

I was able to see and experience a wide variety of Japanese culture and settings, from perfectly sculpted Kanazawa Park to the wilds of the Japan Alps, from the historical shrines, folk village, and castle to modern day Tokyo. I had a wonderful time, and I just can't imagine what I would have done spending all that time in Tokyo instead of sampling the variety that Japan has to offer. But to each his own.

JET Program, 1996-98, Wakayama-ken, Hashimoto-shi

Link to pictures from my time in Japan
(#23 (permalink))
Old
sliksock (Offline)
New to JF

01-19-2008, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai007 View Post
But to each his own.

Yes, indeed.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
dakan (Offline)
New to JF

01-20-2008, 11:11 AM

Hi Folks

I'll be in Japan from 28th March to 7th April 2008. Will be based in Tokyo but am planning a few day-trips. Will be flying solo and would love to meet up with some people. I'll be staying in the Ace Inn Shinjuku. Would really be interested in meeting up with anyone who is planning on going to TAF 2008.

As you can see from this link my previous attempt to drum up interest with Irish Otaku wasn't particularly successful.

Eirtaku; View topic - Anybody going to TAF 2008?
136 views and one response!
(#25 (permalink))
Old
jpdrag0n (Offline)
日本頑張れ!

01-20-2008, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koaku View Post
Going to Japan In August 2008 for 4yrs!!! (if im good) its for finish my Bachelor (2yrs) and maybe finish my study there.. is there somebody else who going to Japan for study?
how in the hell did you get to do that?? i'm here for a year studying abroad but i would like to continue to study here if i could. if i could graduate from school here that would be nice...instead of going back to ari

そんな関係ねぇ!

HERO OF JAPAN
(#26 (permalink))
Old
jpdrag0n (Offline)
日本頑張れ!

01-20-2008, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by koaku View Post
Going to Japan In August 2008 for 4yrs!!! (if im good) its for finish my Bachelor (2yrs) and maybe finish my study there.. is there somebody else who going to Japan for study?
how in the hell did you get to do that?? i'm here for a year studying abroad but i would like to continue to study here if i could. if i could graduate from school here that would be nice...instead of going back to arizona where there are no japanese people like me..

そんな関係ねぇ!

HERO OF JAPAN
(#27 (permalink))
Old
koaku (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-20-2008, 01:00 PM

Im going to Tokyo Uni. I pasted the last 2yrs between Paris V(5) Uni and Holloway Uni in London for have my french degree and improve my English (Im french^^) now im going for 1yrs for learn Jap.(actually im not speaking a single world...maybe "Itadakimasu"! lol ) and my 2nd yrs to hav my bachelor ..Im lucky cuz my dad already have a flat there so i just have to find a job !

I Honestly, seriously and truly.....don't care about U
(#28 (permalink))
Old
yukiya (Offline)
New to JF

01-20-2008, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakan View Post
Hi Folks
I'll be in Japan from 28th March to 7th April 2008. Will be based in Tokyo but am planning a few day-trips. Will be flying solo and would love to meet up with some people. I'll be staying in the Ace Inn Shinjuku. Would really be interested in meeting up with anyone who is planning on going to TAF 2008.
:
Hey, I'll be going to TAF on 30th of March if you wanna go together. But this is my first trip to Japan so I might not be of any help =_=
(#29 (permalink))
Old
minniemouse (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-20-2008, 05:01 PM

HI!
I will go to Japan from 28th July to 16th August!
(#30 (permalink))
Old
Harold (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-21-2008, 04:53 AM

I'm going to Japan either from August to January or from June to August. I don't know where or when out of the two above options yet, as this is because I'm through a foreign exchange program. I have requested to be placed in the Kansai area, but who knows where I'll go. They might put me in Sapporo or Okinawa. Who knows.

I
沖縄           My blog