JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#41 (permalink))
Old
Nao (Offline)
JF Regular

02-12-2008, 10:19 AM

KikyoHikari - Fifteen is still a bit too young to do much of anything there. Still can't get a room on your own, etc. If your friend is 18-20 things will be a little better, but it will still be quite difficult, and still dangerous. You can't ask for the people here to just, as you put it, "be nice and give confidence and stuff", because that's not going to do you any good. This is not just criticism, it's constructive criticism. It's a warning -- one that you should take to heart, because it's coming from people who have a lot more worldly experience than you do. You may think you're on top of the world and can handle any situation you come across, but you're wrong -- once you realize that and make more rational decisions, you'll be one step closer to being ready. It's something that everyone has to come to terms with in their lifetime. It's a common cognitive distortion.

Hyakushi - Legal drinking age in Japan is 20, so you don't need to be 21 for sake and beer.
(#42 (permalink))
Old
GhostBlade (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-12-2008, 11:00 AM

Don't worry everyone, she is only 13 and by the time she is 15 she will look and feel completely different which means she will probably lose her little interest in Japan. Her parents I'm sure are smart enough to not just let her go alone to a foreign country. I don't know why everyone is trying to reason with a 13 year old girl. There's no use. Next.
(#43 (permalink))
Old
chachava (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to chachava
02-12-2008, 11:52 AM

I wanna know this:

If you are 13 now, why on earth did your dad as what you want for your 15th birthday?

Or do you not celebrate 14
(#44 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

02-12-2008, 03:54 PM

so what is the point if your friend will be 18/20- he'll be getting all the fun because he/she is old enough.

what are you gona do when he/she wants to go have a drink at a nightclub?
Stay in the hotel?
I dont think an 18-20 year old wants a 15 year old to be hanging around her/him.

Its not ALL BRIGHT AND SPARKLY ANIMELAND.

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"
(#45 (permalink))
Old
samurai007 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-12-2008, 04:48 PM

And if I were a parent, I'm not sure if I'd feel reassured by an 18-20 year old guy going with my 15 yr old daughter to another country by themselves...

JET Program, 1996-98, Wakayama-ken, Hashimoto-shi

Link to pictures from my time in Japan
(#46 (permalink))
Old
xYinniex (Offline)
Quit yo' jibber jabber!

02-12-2008, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai007 View Post
And if I were a parent, I'm not sure if I'd feel reassured by an 18-20 year old guy going with my 15 yr old daughter to another country by themselves...
AMEN to that.

"I'm sorry, but i must have given you the impression that I actually care about your opinions"
(#47 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-12-2008, 08:16 PM

They may not even be able to rent a hotel room together.
(#48 (permalink))
Old
Nao (Offline)
JF Regular

02-12-2008, 08:55 PM

Yeah, that's another good point, MMM. I wonder.
(#49 (permalink))
Old
Housetek (Offline)
is a big dork

Send a message via AIM to Housetek Send a message via MSN to Housetek Send a message via Skype™ to Housetek
02-12-2008, 11:29 PM

friend must be legal guardian for her to be in a hotel underage

MR.JF & Jf God
heres a personal Ty to all who voted and participated http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ER8CsVuTNY

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=housetek
please check out the videos and subscribe!

feel free to pm/aim/msn me for any Q's on Japan
(#50 (permalink))
Old
KikyoHikari (Offline)
New to JF

08-24-2011, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostBlade View Post
Don't worry everyone, she is only 13 and by the time she is 15 she will look and feel completely different which means she will probably lose her little interest in Japan. Her parents I'm sure are smart enough to not just let her go alone to a foreign country. I don't know why everyone is trying to reason with a 13 year old girl. There's no use. Next.
WRONG. I'm 17 now and I am still indeed interested in Japan. This was posted during my weeabo days but after a little growing up. I am still into the going to Japan Trip. Except I am going to study the language here first and probably join a student exchange program or something. I am not sure. Anyways o__o That is all.