JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
LivinginA2 (Offline)
New to JF

Smile Daiso Store in Osaka? - 02-10-2008, 05:05 AM

Can anyone direct me to the location of the Daiso store in Nipponbashi Osaka? I have been to the Daiso in Nagoya (Sakae Skyle) and have found a wide variety of items complimentary to my business (calligraphy supplies etc..). I won't be back to Nagoya for a few months, and was hoping to visit the location in Osaka when I am there in 2 weeks. Information such as subway stop, exit number and nearby landmarks would be most helpful!

Also, the Tokyu Hands store in Osaka, what is the price point like there? I am again specifically searching for stationery supplies, arts supplies, pens, paper etc...

Thank you anyone and all who may assist!!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

02-10-2008, 05:46 AM

Is there a Tokyu Hands in Osaka? Are you thinking Loft in Umeda? The only Tokyu Hands I know in Kansai is in Sannomiya, Kobe. Prices are fair, but no 100 Yen shop.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
osakaboi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-10-2008, 04:00 PM

there's 1 in sennichimae
http://www.townport-japan.com/kono-machi/rep10/10.jpg
from the point in the picture, walk about 100m u'll see wendy's on left hand side, walk 100m more daiso is on left hand side
this daiso ain't got many stuff though, if u keep walking til the end of sennichimae and turn right, there'a another 1 with more things.
there used to be daiso near nipponbashi but it's closed about 2 months ago

Tokyu Hands is located couple blocks east of midosuji line's shinsaibashi station
(#4 (permalink))
Old
LivinginA2 (Offline)
New to JF

02-10-2008, 05:32 PM

Here is the photo for Tokyu Hands I found on Wikipedia: Image:Tokyu-Hands.JPG - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
It looks like it shouldn't be hard to spot!

Thanks for the information on Daiso and the other shop! The one in Nagoya has me spoiled because it has more than I expected and then some, so all others I have been to (including Harajuku in Tokyo which people have talked up) have paled in comparison!

Susan
(#5 (permalink))
Old
LivinginA2 (Offline)
New to JF

02-10-2008, 05:39 PM

Osakaboi,
Which subway station is pictured (which stop would I get off?) Would I take the Sennichimae line? Sorry to bother, but the more info I have, the best I won't get lost!!

Susan
(#6 (permalink))
Old
osakaboi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-11-2008, 03:10 AM

the picture is not actually the station. it's underground shopping arcade called "namba walk" it's near midosuji line's namba station. from namaba station, look at the map and find bic camera exit, u should be fine.

i planed to go to nagoya by normal jr train next month, u have any experience or advice?
(#7 (permalink))
Old
osakaboi (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-11-2008, 03:51 AM

i got couple questions more

1 u know where Tourist Information in Nagoya is?
i can't see in the map.
http://www.infomapjapan.com/images/m...ya_map_web.pdf

2 u know which area to find youth hostels?
(#8 (permalink))
Old
samokan (Offline)
0xFFFF_FFFF

02-12-2008, 12:17 AM

there is tokyu hands in Esaka and somewhere in Tanimachi too.

If you go to esaka, take the midosuji line and get off in Esaka station , exit #8

If you are looking for Daiso in Nipponbashi, its located just near the Namba Parks , in between Nipponbashi and Nanba.
But the biggest Ive seen so far, is located in Shin-Osaka.

*** Omnia Muntantor, Nihil Interit ***

My Japan Life

-------------------------------------
(#9 (permalink))
Old
LivinginA2 (Offline)
New to JF

02-12-2008, 02:39 AM

Osakaboi,
Not sure where tourist info in Nagoya is. I imagine you would find something in JR Nagoya station, if I find out specifics, I will let you know. I found it fairly easy to get around Nagoya, once you orient yourself. Subway system is excellent, as I am sure it is in most larger cities in Japan. I have only been to Nagoya twice and as I am a probably a bit older than you :-) I don't have direct experience with youth hostels. I have stayed at Tokyu Inn in Sakae for about $80 a night, which compared to the Marriott above JR Station is less than half as much.

I wish I coud help you more as you have helped me, thanks very much!

Susan
(#10 (permalink))
Old
LivinginA2 (Offline)
New to JF

02-12-2008, 02:40 AM

Samokan,
Thanks for the specific info!
Someone had said the Nipponbashi location was closed a couple of months back, but if you are saying there is a large one at shin-osaka that is even better!
Any idea which exit to go out of there and which way to turn? Thanks!

Susan