JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
prekabreki (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to prekabreki Send a message via Skype™ to prekabreki
Cool Beaches in Japan - 02-11-2008, 12:29 PM

I'll be going to Japan this summer (June to August) and since my travel companion stumbled upon some pictures of sunny sands in Japan
(He didn't think it was that kind of a country) he absolutely insists on going to some beaches to soak up the sun for a bit.

I was just wondering if you guys have any good suggestions for beaches this summer, the area does not really matter because we are relatively free to move about as we wish.

Do the good beaches cost money? Are there any special rules I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance!

Prekabreki
(I like food)
(#2 (permalink))
Old
chachava (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to chachava
02-11-2008, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prekabreki View Post
I'll be going to Japan this summer (June to August) and since my travel companion stumbled upon some pictures of sunny sands in Japan
(He didn't think it was that kind of a country) he absolutely insists on going to some beaches to soak up the sun for a bit.

I was just wondering if you guys have any good suggestions for beaches this summer, the area does not really matter because we are relatively free to move about as we wish.

Do the good beaches cost money? Are there any special rules I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance!
I love enoshima and chigasaki for beaches - worth checking out if you are near yokohama!

No rules (that i am aware of?) or costs to worry about - i saw people with huge tattoos on display and nobody seemed bothered so guess they are fine
(#3 (permalink))
Old
samurai007 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

02-11-2008, 05:11 PM

I loved Shirahama beach, famous for its white sand and arched rock. It's down the coast of the Kii Peninsula from Osaka, in Wakayama-ken. Also no fee or anything to attend, and in summer/early fall they have some festivals and fireworks there.

JET Program, 1996-98, Wakayama-ken, Hashimoto-shi

Link to pictures from my time in Japan