JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
NeoVisualizm (Offline)
Noodles^_^

How to go Japan? - 04-04-2008, 12:46 PM

I have been begging to my parents to let me go to Japan this summer, but they keep refusing. They say it is too far away, besides they dont know anyone there to send me to stay with them. I told them about camps and stuff, but they still say no. It seems like they dont trust to anything, and I cant find anyone to go there with me, as a guardian.. It makes me sad.. I so want to go to Japan this summer, and I am even saving up!

How can I convince them?? Or is there any summer camps that you know, which are very reliable, and can even convince my parents? Or what do you advise me to do??

☆ My Jeong, Hikaru, Sakae, Juka, Narumi, Satsuki, Rubii, Yuji, Jun ☆
☆ Claimer,ajsnoopy ☆ Claim,Miyavifan ☆
(#2 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

04-04-2008, 01:24 PM

How old are you?

Its a trust issue, you won't be able to convince them, unless its a school exchange program of some sort... good luck
(#3 (permalink))
Old
NeoVisualizm (Offline)
Noodles^_^

04-04-2008, 01:39 PM

I am 16.. will 17 very soon though ^^

yeah thats really about trust.. :// they are kind of.. affraid to send me alone to Japan.. ://

(#4 (permalink))
Old
Leekun (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to Leekun Send a message via MSN to Leekun Send a message via Yahoo to Leekun Send a message via Skype™ to Leekun
04-05-2008, 08:43 AM

It's understandable that they are afraid to send you away to Japan by yourself, my mom was the same way when I asked her if I could go in high school. If you don't have a city exchange program, then AFS is really good from what I've heard (though I think it runs a bit expensive). Other than that, discuss with your mom what kind of things she would let you do. Hopefully you can come to something. Best of luck.
-Lee
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Gerlandox (Offline)
Chaotic Energy

Send a message via MSN to Gerlandox
04-05-2008, 09:13 AM

Maybe wait untill you are 18 ... maybe

I AM NOT WHAT YOU THINK I AM, I AM NOT WHAT I THINK I AM, I AM WHAT I THINK YOU THINK I AM...
(#6 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

04-05-2008, 01:34 PM

its just natural, he can turn 18 or 19 or 29, and that won't stop them from worrying, they are PARENTS... of course they can't stop him when reach that age
(#7 (permalink))
Old
NeoVisualizm (Offline)
Noodles^_^

04-05-2008, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leekun View Post
It's understandable that they are afraid to send you away to Japan by yourself, my mom was the same way when I asked her if I could go in high school. If you don't have a city exchange program, then AFS is really good from what I've heard (though I think it runs a bit expensive). Other than that, discuss with your mom what kind of things she would let you do. Hopefully you can come to something. Best of luck.
-Lee
No unfortunately, there is not city exchange programs, and they are available when you go university. AFS? Whats that actually? I mean what does it stands for? Hmm.. expensive.. now thats another problem XDD

Well after I turn 18, I will be able to go, thats true, but i want to go this summer ^^

(#8 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
04-05-2008, 11:56 PM

What's happening there this summer that makes you so anxious on going?
(#9 (permalink))
Old
NeoVisualizm (Offline)
Noodles^_^

04-06-2008, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJup81 View Post
What's happening there this summer that makes you so anxious on going?
now you sounded like my parents XD really, there is no reason, i mean not particular reason, I am kinda impatient person, and I want to go this summer :/ but it looks like i will fail again XD

(#10 (permalink))
Old
Gaberdeen (Offline)
僕の名前わGaryです

04-06-2008, 09:41 AM

First off, 16 and 17 is very young to go galavanting off to a country you have never been before.

Secondly, Japanese people don't generally speak english all that well - so unless your fluent in nihongo - I can pretty much support your parents rationale for refusing to let you go on your own.

Thirdly, I admire your tenacity and apparent passion for wanting to visit Japan. I wish i'd done it as a teeneger years before I first went but the reality is I wasn't ready for it until I was secure in both my finances & in my career. Unless your a millionaire heir/ess - I'd consider what i want to do with my life before spending a fortune on a spontaneous visit to Japan.

What is your hurry? Japan will still be there in a few years time.