JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

Honeymoon in Japan next year - 04-29-2008, 11:34 AM

Hi all,

I am planning my honemoon in Japan next year. My fiancee never truly been to japan before (3 day stay in tokyo when she was younger, which I don't really consider a real Japan trip).

The trip will be 3 weeks long, I planned to revisit my old 2 weeks itinerary, but with slight modification. That will still give me 1 extra week.

I am wondering, if I am to add Fukuoka to the itinerary, what major cities should I stop at between Hiroshima > Fukuoka? And what does these cities have to offer that Tokyo, Yokohama, Kyoto, Nara, Osaka, Himeji, Hiroshima, Miyajima doesn't have?

I know and love the country well enough to get around and won't be tired of it and will probably think everything is worth seeing, but for my fiancee, who is a true tourist, things probably gets old if we keep looking at temples and shrine, if that is the case, I may shorten my trip to say around 2 weeks in Japan and spend a week in the Maldives or the like....

What would you recommend?

Thanks
Godwine
(#2 (permalink))
Old
samurai007 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

04-29-2008, 04:53 PM

I didn't feel there was a whole lot to see between Hiroshima and Fukuoka. But if you're going all the way to Kyushu, IMO you should keep going to Nagasaki after looking around the Fukuoka area and having the famous raman there. Nagasaki is a great city with a ton of things to see. And maybe on the way back, take the ferry over to Shikoku and visit Matsuyama and see the beautiful countryside there, for some variety (rather than heading back the same way you came). That's what I did, and I really enjoyed it.

JET Program, 1996-98, Wakayama-ken, Hashimoto-shi

Link to pictures from my time in Japan