JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Nagoyankee (Offline)
中庸を得るのだ~

05-14-2008, 05:16 PM

The night life is crazy in Sapporo! There's an area named Susukino in the center of the city. If you go anywhere near there, you will see girls standing on the streets handing you discount tickets with a map to their bar. But don't trust these bars, period. Some if not all will really rip you off. I recommend that you drink at hotel bars. If you want to go to other places, at least don't go to those places that try to get customers on the street. This can be said about those kinds of bars all over Japan, too. You will end up paying not only for what you consumed but also for what all the ugly girls that sat on your tables consumed. And they all drink like fish.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
yukiko357 (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to yukiko357
05-23-2008, 05:07 AM

ok so now im worried sapporo might not work out for me.Is there really good places close to sapporo that i might be interested in.....and wat jobs could a gaijin get(not neccisarily in sappporo)besides teaching in the Hokkado region. so confussed.......
(#13 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

05-23-2008, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukiko357 View Post
ok so now im worried sapporo might not work out for me.Is there really good places close to sapporo that i might be interested in.....and wat jobs could a gaijin get(not neccisarily in sappporo)besides teaching in the Hokkado region. so confussed.......
What are you talking about?

99% of gaijin who live in Japan are hired to teach. If you can't do that, I am not sure what to advise.
(#14 (permalink))
Old
yukiko357 (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via AIM to yukiko357
05-28-2008, 08:41 PM

(#15 (permalink))
Old
Nathan (Offline)
JF Old Timer

05-29-2008, 04:54 AM

If you want to work in Japan as an American/Canadian/European, you're either A) An English (sometimes other language, although rarely) teacher, B) Owner of an English School, or C) A professional with approximately 10 years experience within an industry Japan has a high demand for and also speak fluent Japanese.

One of these things is easier to achieve than the others.

In rare cases, there are IT positions which do not require Japanese, but you really have to know your stuff to get those. And already be in Japan.