JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
sdolan285 (Offline)
New to JF

Red face I'm trying to get from Narita Aiport to Tsudanuma station. Help please! - 05-13-2008, 07:23 PM

hello everyone, I am going to japan at the end of this month (may 26) to visit a good friend of mine. Now I am arriving at the Narita Airport, and my hotel is located right next to the Tsudanuma station, which is in Narashino, which I believe is part of Chiba (where my friend is staying). Now my friend speaks japanese, but unfortunatley I don't so as long as I make it to Tsudanuma station I think I'll be okay lol. I've been looking over train maps, and they seem pretty confusing, so many different lines! I've read that from Narita airport I can take the Narita express to tsudanuma station, but I've also read that I take the JR east sobu line to tsudanuma station. I'm not sure if they are the same or what. I really don't want to get on the wrong train from Narita Airport and get lost in Japan. I'm just looking for some clarification, and any help is appreciated so much.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

05-13-2008, 09:20 PM

I an not familiar with that station, but the Sobu-sen is a local train, while the Narita Express only stops at the big stations. If they both stop there, take the Narita Express, as it will be faster.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Hiroki (Offline)
BANNED

05-13-2008, 09:25 PM

Easily accessible from Tokyo station, Narita Airport, Makuhari Messe and Tokyo Disney Resort.
From Tokyo Station: Take the JR Sobu Line which is 6 stops by rapid train. From Chiba Station: Take JR Sobu Line which is 1 stop by rapid train.
From Narita Airport: Take JR Sobu Narita Line which is 7 stops by rapid train. From Makuhari Messe: Take a bus from Kaihin- Makuhari to Makuhari Hongo and change to JR Sobu Line which is 1 stop from Makuhari Hongo station to Tsudanuma station by JR Sobu Line.
From Tokyo Disney Resort: Take JR Musashino Line from Maihama 2 stops to Nishi-Funamashi. Then change to JR Sobu line for 2 stops until you reach Tsudanuma Station.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
sdolan285 (Offline)
New to JF

05-15-2008, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroki View Post
From Narita Airport: Take JR Sobu Narita Line which is 7 stops by rapid train.
ok I'm slightly confused. I found a website with a map of the JR lines.
http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/info/map_a4ol.pdf (it opens a pdf file) From Narita Airport I'm supposed to take the green colored line which is the Narita Line, but it looks like the Narita Line ends in chiba and I'm trying to get to Tsudanuma station. Do I have to then hop on the Yokosuka Line Sobu Line [Rapid Sevice] which is the blue line for me to get to Tsudanuma station? Or can I just take the Yokosuka Line Sobu Line straight to Tsudanuma station if it does that.

very much thanks in advance!
(#5 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

05-15-2008, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdolan285 View Post
ok I'm slightly confused. I found a website with a map of the JR lines.
http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/info/map_a4ol.pdf (it opens a pdf file) From Narita Airport I'm supposed to take the green colored line which is the Narita Line, but it looks like the Narita Line ends in chiba and I'm trying to get to Tsudanuma station. Do I have to then hop on the Yokosuka Line Sobu Line [Rapid Sevice] which is the blue line for me to get to Tsudanuma station? Or can I just take the Yokosuka Line Sobu Line straight to Tsudanuma station if it does that.

very much thanks in advance!
Don't take the green one. Take the blue one, instead, (Sobu Express) which contines to Tsudanuma. That way you won't have to change trains.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
blimp (Offline)
偽関西人

05-15-2008, 04:14 AM

first thing first, the problem is that there are plenty of tsudanuma stations. the below description is for JR Tsudanuma station.

ok, take the Keisei Skyliner (京成スカイライナー)to Keisei Funabashi sta (京成船橋).
From there u walk to the JR Funabashi sta, u can't miss it, it's a 1-2 min walk and the route is well marked. From Funabashi sta u take the JR Soubu-line (総武線) towards Chiba (千葉) to Tsudanuma (津田沼). the whole trip is about 50 min

the fee is (720+500)+150 = 1,370 yen

homepage for the skyliner can be found here: link

u can also take the more "normal" special express, tokkyu (特急), same line and same platform i think, from the airport and u don't have to pay the above 500 yen which is a special express fee. it's the same route. this will take u about an hour.

Come to think of it, there might be buses going to Funabashi sta. Also keep in mind that there r three stations with the name Funabashi in them.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

05-15-2008, 04:18 AM

Let's not make it too complicated.

Are you sure you are going to JR Tsudanuma station?

This can feel very intimidating for someone who as never done it before, but the lines aren't as complicated as they look, and train station staff are trained to help lost people. Even when I am 95% sure of where I am going, I never hesitate to ask a uniformed train dude. Even if you point at a train as say "Tsudanuma?" he'll know what you mean.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
tommasi (Offline)
West Tokyo Native

05-15-2008, 05:11 AM

OK, so from the Narita Airport No.2 Terminal, once in every 1 hour, there is a train to Tsudanuma.

It's not Narita Express but just a regular Narita-Line Kaisoku.

It leaves at sharp o'clock so starting from 10:00 until 18:00 and after that, it becomes more random.

If this is complicated, the best way is to catch Narita Express to Shinjuku.

At Shinjuku, catch Sobu-Line to Tsudanuma, Funabashi direction not to Nakano or Mitaka.

This way, it'll take longer but you can't get lost.

Even if you catch the wrong train, it'll go back and forth so just sit tight and you will get to Tsudanuma eventually.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
sdolan285 (Offline)
New to JF

05-18-2008, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Let's not make it too complicated.
Are you sure you are going to JR Tsudanuma station?
Yes, from the hotel's website that I am staying at it reads "1min. walk from JR Tsudanuma Station South Exit." I appreciate the help, thanks a bunch everyone.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
chachava (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via MSN to chachava
05-18-2008, 11:27 AM

www.hyperdia.com

type in start and finish stations and it shows you best routes