JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
Nijojo (Offline)
New to JF

Cool JapanHotel.Net and other reservation methods - 06-12-2008, 01:01 PM

I know I'm paying the price of my mistake and am only trying to prevent others from being caught in the same way.

But I must point out again that reservation doesn't have to be like this. At Sakura Hostel in Tokyo, they take your names and dates and simply ask you to reconfirm your booking a week before you arrive. If you forget to do this, you may lose your accommodation but you won't lose a whole pile of money. At Kyoto Cheapest Inn, they ask you to confirm your booking by sending credit card information in two separate emails, which is a clever way of ensuring security on both sides. Once you do that, there's virtually no way you could overlook the fact that you'd made the reservation.

These, as I said, are user-friendly methods of making reservations, where the client evidently comes first.

I still say a reservation site of any kind should allow you to check availability. Imagine trying to book a plane journey and the site won't tell you if there are any seats available on the particular flight you want ... Inconceivable, isn't it? So why is it any different for accommodation?
(#12 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

06-12-2008, 04:30 PM

points taken and agree