JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
HatterMac (Offline)
New to JF

Flying from Japan - 06-07-2008, 11:02 AM

Hello all, what's the cheapest flight out of Japan usually? Am I right to assume that Tokyo -Seoul is generally the cheapest option. If so, which carrier offers the best fares?

I've seen fares from Fukuoka (FUK -nice airport code) to Pusan at the end of July for $290. Can I do better than that do you think?

Thanks

Last edited by HatterMac : 06-07-2008 at 11:49 AM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Firebird (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via ICQ to Firebird Send a message via Skype™ to Firebird
06-07-2008, 12:53 PM

Take the Ferry from Fukuoka to Pusan, cost around 8500yen for the overnight ferry and the 3 hours ferry cost 13000 yen.
There is a page where someone collected the informations on all the ferrys. Randy's 'Favorite Getaways in Rural Japan' -- INTERNATIONAL FERRIES
The easiest would be to take the fast ferry, because there site is in English
Beetle English
but it is off course more touristy and a little bit more expensive. I think from Pusan you should be able to catch a overland bus to Seoul for some bucks.
Firebird

Back home after 1 year work and travel in Japan and 3 month in Korea: www.teglas.asia (text is in German, but see the pictures!)
(#3 (permalink))
Old
HatterMac (Offline)
New to JF

06-07-2008, 06:09 PM

Thanks. Problem is though I have to get an air ticket. Airline won't let me board without proof of onwards travel. Have already asked about the ferry ticket. They don't accept it as proof of onwards travel unfortunately.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Firebird (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via ICQ to Firebird Send a message via Skype™ to Firebird
06-07-2008, 08:44 PM

Oh, well than i guess you best bet will still be to fly to Korea. Maybe you can get some cheap ticket Tokyo-Seoul? Have you checked all the Asian airlines (Airaisa, tiger airways,..) and stuff? (i just did a quick check, forget them, the mainly cover SOA).
Take the 300$ ticket you found, might be you best bet (correct me if im wrong)

Back home after 1 year work and travel in Japan and 3 month in Korea: www.teglas.asia (text is in German, but see the pictures!)
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
06-08-2008, 04:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatterMac View Post
Hello all, what's the cheapest flight out of Japan usually? Am I right to assume that Tokyo -Seoul is generally the cheapest option. If so, which carrier offers the best fares?

I've seen fares from Fukuoka (FUK -nice airport code) to Pusan at the end of July for $290. Can I do better than that do you think?

Thanks
You can possibly do better - much better, if that $290 doesn`t include airport taxes/fees - depending on the date. I am going to Taipei in October for approx $150 round trip from Chubu (plus taxes and fees which knock it up to about $300, but in general prices you find on the net never include those sneaky fees.)

Of course, it really depends on the time of year. I know where you can get tickets out of Japan to LA for $290.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.