JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
genki (Offline)
New to JF

Cool Going to Okinawa - questions! - 06-09-2008, 02:30 AM

I'm going to Okinawa the beginning of August for 4 days and 3 nights situated in Naha, and have a few questions. My main focus of the trip will be beautiful beaches (but don't have the money/time to spend on planes or ferries down to the outer far islands) - so only recommend me places in Okinawa Island [or close places I can go by ferry that are cheap and good for day trips)!

- please give me a list, rating (beautifulness, cleanliness, etc), and how long it takes to get there of all the beaches in/around Naha (under a 2 hour drive or bus or ferry ride)

- i want to stay in a hotel (not a hostel), but cheap enough so the cost of a double room will be about $40ish per person (of a party of two people). i'm assuming all those hotels that are walkable distance to the beach are all expensive 5 star hotels, so is it a good choice to be located downtown (like in Kokusai Dori? I think there's a beach that's a 15 minute drive away from there? Plus shopping is easily accessible)

- please give me a 4 day itinerary of how you would spend your days if you were me (maybe main focus would be relaxing on beautiful beaches, little bit of shopping (ex kokusai dori), perhaps ocean expo park (aquarium), any good places for a day trip to (short/cheap ferry ride away).

Please give me any advice you have!! Thanks so much in advance!!

Last edited by genki : 06-09-2008 at 03:13 AM.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
EveV (Offline)
Flee from hate.

Send a message via MSN to EveV Send a message via Yahoo to EveV
06-09-2008, 03:02 AM

I've never been there myself.
But I had a friend who lived there for 4 years.
And his family and him are planning on going back to possibly buy a home.

It's VERY clean.
The people are nice as can be.
The waters are literally like, you can see to the bottom.
I suggest scuba diving being the top of your list.
If you're female or you're going with a female get the nails done to.. they can literally paint master pieces on peoples nails. It's amazing.

The zoo is a nice spot to hit as well.
They're very natural.

It's one of the most beautiful places ever

And they have a really unique culture so learning about that is fascinating indeed.

Oh and if you see a cat pet it's tail.
All the kitties have kinks in their tails!
It's adorable.

Sorry I can't name any places specifically for you. x.x
If you check next week I'll have you a list.

"The sky is cryin...
Can't you see the tears roll down the street?"
- Stevie Ray Vaughan
(#3 (permalink))
Old
genki (Offline)
New to JF

06-12-2008, 04:31 PM

^ that would be lovely, any help would be great, thanks!!
(#4 (permalink))
Old
mcabr (Offline)
New to JF

Naha - 06-16-2008, 02:13 PM

If you are going to Naha then the nice beaches are much further north. If you want to go to Okinawa for the beaches then you shouldn't stay in Naha. Naha is nice for Kokusai Dori and to watch loads of American military team the streets. You can get some good cheap tacos and there is some good steak places there too. If you stay in a hotel downtown then you will be able to enjoy all of the city life but if you want to see some nice beaches you need to travel north up to where the Okinawa Aquarium is. The beaches I encountered near Naha were either all rock or just normal beaches with brownish water. I believe you can travel around 2 to 3 hours north and get to some nicer blue water beaches.