JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japan Travel Advice (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japan-travel-advice/)
-   -   Where in Japan have you been? (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japan-travel-advice/16653-where-japan-have-you-been.html)

Henbaka 06-24-2008 01:40 PM

I've lived outside of tokyo (saitama) for a total of 4 months. Really not enough to be knowledgeable about anything there, but hey...

Returning to tokyo in fall for studies.

Paul11 06-24-2008 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henbaka (Post 521214)
I've lived outside of tokyo (saitama) for a total of 4 months. Really not enough to be knowledgeable about anything there, but hey...

Returning to tokyo in fall for studies.

What do you study?

StangGuy 06-24-2008 02:15 PM

I spent 6 months in Hiroshima city between last August and March. I wasn't able to see much of Japan while I was there because I was working 6 days a week for most of the time. So during my off time I spent a lot of time drinking and meeting the locals. I did see most of the attractions in the city and found some incredibly beautiful places.

At the end of my time in Japan I also spent a couple days in Nagoya but only got to see the Sakae district and the roads between factories. I fell in love with Hiroshima and went back for a few days in April and will be going back for few days over the 4th of July and again at the end of August. In August I hope to have time to visit Osaka, Kyoto, and Kobe.

Ryuk999 06-24-2008 02:33 PM

i lived in Kanagawa-ken for 5 years :D
in Yokohama

godwine 06-24-2008 03:18 PM

Been all over the place, mostly traveling. But lived around Yokosuka for about 2 years when i was a kid

samurai007 06-24-2008 04:56 PM

I lived in Wakayama for 2 years, as Paul knows. I visited a ton of places in the Kansai area, such as Osaka, Nara, Kyoto, many places in Wakayama-ken, etc. I traveled west, seeing such places as Himeji, Hiroshima, Miyajima, Hakata/Fukuoka, Nagasaki, and Matsuyama. And I traveled east, to places such as Kanazawa, Takayama, the Japan Alps, Matsumoto, Tokyo, and Nikko. One fairly close place I never did visit was Mie-ken... I guess I just figured it was pretty similar to "my side" of the peninsula.

Nyororin and emiluvsjmusic, where did you go in Wakayama-ken?

emiluvsjmusic 06-24-2008 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul11 (Post 521149)
You were in Wakayama? When? Where? Why?

lol yeah ive been to kokawa a few times
last time was probably december 2006
some of my family lives there :)

emiluvsjmusic 06-24-2008 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samurai007 (Post 521310)

mostly in kokawa ^_^

Nyororin 06-25-2008 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samurai007 (Post 521310)

We visited 那智勝浦 once, really enjoyed it and liked the place we stayed, so went back twice after to the exact same place. The onsen was wonderful.
It`s sort of our set vacation spot. They`re always willing to give us the room next to the bath - and as we always go during the off season, they`ll usually let us ignore the male/female sides and both get in the side we like.
Of course, we haven`t gone since our son was born, as there was just mess on top of mess preventing us from doing so.

samurai007 06-25-2008 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nyororin (Post 521788)
We visited 那智勝浦 once, really enjoyed it and liked the place we stayed, so went back twice after to the exact same place. The onsen was wonderful.
It`s sort of our set vacation spot. They`re always willing to give us the room next to the bath - and as we always go during the off season, they`ll usually let us ignore the male/female sides and both get in the side we like.
Of course, we haven`t gone since our son was born, as there was just mess on top of mess preventing us from doing so.

For those of us that don't read kanji, what's the name in romaji? I went to a very nice resort on the coast in Minabe that had an onsen, if that's what it says... That's where we had the mid-year Wakayama-ken ALT conference.