JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
bongpb (Offline)
New to JF

08-11-2008, 09:12 AM

Hi UKtokyoite and all. Thanks for all your advice. It is really valuable and helpful. I have now decided to change the 3 days trip to Tokyo Disneyland/Disneysea to 2 days Tokyo Disneyland/Disneysea and 1 days Tokyo city tours. May I know what are the places I must go for the 1 day City Tours ? I know Tokyo Towers and what else ? Would appreciate some instruction on how to go there with your proposal.

Also, I have decided not to stay a night at Hakone and will proceed straight from Odawara to Osaka using Shikansen as advice by uktokyoite. I have few concerns here ?

1. If I left Chiba at 7:30am, I believe I will reach Odawara around 9:30am, I am planning to leave from Odawara at 8 pm to Osaka. Do I have sufficient time to enjoy Hakone ?

2. Will the training at around 7:30am to 8:00am too pack to travel ? If yes, what will be best timing for me to leave (Note : I need to bring my luggage with me).

3. As I will be travelling directly from Hakone to Osaka ? What is the best way for me to handle our luggages ?

Please advise and Thanks in advance for your help.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
uktokyoite (Offline)
JF Regular

08-13-2008, 11:30 AM

Hi again,

Hmmm - honestly you're going to have to pack a lot in in the few hours you're in Hakone to get it all done. If it was me I would stay overnight - find a good hotel that has an onsen and relax for a night. That way you can make sure you get everything done that you want without feeling frazzled! For me personally I don't like to feel like I have a timetable to keep to - but I know you are on a timeframe so..... ultimately it's up to you. Which is more important? Getting to Osaka or spending a bit of chill time in the countryside? That might be the easiest way to make that decision

As to luggage on the shinkansen - be warned that there is very little space and you're not allowed to put your luggage in the aisles. The best advice I can give with Japan is to travel with as little luggage as possible. It's seriously not fun dragging heavy bags round with you when you're lugging them up and down stairs/train platforms etc - especially when you have little ones with you.

Check my Website: TokyoTopia
(#13 (permalink))
Old
JoshAussie (Offline)
わかりません

08-13-2008, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul11 View Post
If you have kids, all the more reason not to join a group. It's easier to not have the kids keep to the schedule of the rest of the group. And at 10 and 11, I think they can handle a trip to Japan without a theme park.
im almost 19 and i HAVE to go to theme parks in QLD everytime we go. (2 - 3 times a year.)
(#14 (permalink))
Old
Paul11 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-14-2008, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshAussie View Post
im almost 19 and i HAVE to go to theme parks in QLD everytime we go. (2 - 3 times a year.)
I can understand that. But, let's say the family doesn't do a ton in international travel and are from, say, the U.S. they have an opportunity to visit a far away exotic land and learn so much about humanity, culture and history. Then go to an amusement park that's pretty much the same as any other. That's cool it that's your thing, and I like amusement parks, but I wouldn't go to one if I had a once in a lifetime trip to Australia.
(#15 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

08-14-2008, 12:22 PM

Quote:
I can understand that. But, let's say the family doesn't do a ton in international travel and are from, say, the U.S. they have an opportunity to visit a far away exotic land and learn so much about humanity, culture and history. Then go to an amusement park that's pretty much the same as any other. That's cool it that's your thing, and I like amusement parks, but I wouldn't go to one if I had a once in a lifetime trip to Australia.
Hi Paul, I totally agree with you, but that is only because I am not a themepark guy and I have no kids, it will be really difficult to tell the kid that they are not allow to go to theme parks. Trust me, I've tried.
(#16 (permalink))
Old
emiluvsjmusic (Offline)
JF noob

08-14-2008, 12:26 PM

I went to universal studios in one day and I think thats enough
Its a bit smaller than disneyland & disneysea so theres not all that much to do

Death Note fam & Shingami clan
JF family|Emi's Space|Haruhiism
(#17 (permalink))
Old
Paul11 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-17-2008, 02:54 AM

A lot of these theme parks are the same. How different could disneyland be? there are probably regional themeparks that could provide an interesting experience, because it would be done the local way. Himeji safari park is cool because you drive around animals roaming about andt here is a small section close by with roller coasters and such.

In Ueno in Mie-ken, there is a park that contains a really cool little (and real) castle), a park dedicated to Basho ans a ninja house with hidden compartments ands pink ninjas. In kyoto there is Eiga-Mura (movie village) where they film old samurai drama and stuff.

There are others, but I have to go ona call.

Maybe these would be cool.
(#18 (permalink))
Old
emiluvsjmusic (Offline)
JF noob

08-17-2008, 08:45 AM

Quote:
In kyoto there is Eiga-Mura (movie village) where they film old samurai drama and stuff.
Ooh I've been there It was pretty fun but I was too scared to go in the haunted house lol

Death Note fam & Shingami clan
JF family|Emi's Space|Haruhiism
(#19 (permalink))
Old
bongpb (Offline)
New to JF

08-25-2008, 08:00 AM

Hi Uktokyoite, Thanks for your advice. I have taken your advice and have decided to extend 2 more days for my trip in Japan. Therefore, I can now stay a night in Hakone. Do you have some good recommendation for the Hotel in Hakone ? Hopefully, it is not too expensive and still convenient for us. My kids aged 10 and 11 are not so keen on the onsen. By the way, I saw a ShinKensen tour package including a night stay in Hokone Prince Hotel costs JPY10,990, do you think is a good package ? Also, is it convenient to travel to Hokone Price Hotel and how is the facilities like ? Thanks in advance for your advice. Regards
(#20 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

08-26-2008, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongpb View Post
Hi Uktokyoite, Thanks for your advice. I have taken your advice and have decided to extend 2 more days for my trip in Japan. Therefore, I can now stay a night in Hakone. Do you have some good recommendation for the Hotel in Hakone ? Hopefully, it is not too expensive and still convenient for us. My kids aged 10 and 11 are not so keen on the onsen. By the way, I saw a ShinKensen tour package including a night stay in Hokone Prince Hotel costs JPY10,990, do you think is a good package ? Also, is it convenient to travel to Hokone Price Hotel and how is the facilities like ? Thanks in advance for your advice. Regards
Hey,

I am not sure if others would agree, but I don't think the tower is worth the visit. I mean, do drop by and take a few shots from below and drop by the souvenir store, however, I don't think the visit to the observatory is worth it.

Go to the Daiba instead, and visit the Fuji TV observatory