JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
leser (Offline)
New to JF

accommodation and food prices - 08-09-2008, 10:01 PM

I'm plannig to visit Japan in June/July 2009. I'll have a limlited budget for this trip. Therefore I'll be grateful if you could help me out with getting to know to current cheap accommodation and food prices in: Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, Hiroshima and Kagoshima.
Thank you very much.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
samurai007 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-09-2008, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leser View Post
I'm plannig to visit Japan in June/July 2009. I'll have a limlited budget for this trip. Therefore I'll be grateful if you could help me out with getting to know to current cheap accommodation and food prices in: Tokyo, Osaka, Kyoto, Hiroshima and Kagoshima.
Thank you very much.
You can get a small room for the night for $40 or so, and cheap meals for $5-8. Lots of places around in those price ranges, if you look.

JET Program, 1996-98, Wakayama-ken, Hashimoto-shi

Link to pictures from my time in Japan
(#3 (permalink))
Old
StangGuy (Offline)
JF Old Timer

08-09-2008, 11:01 PM

For Hiroshima the cheapest hotel to stay in that I have found with english speaking staff is Comfort Hotel. I stayed at Sejour Fujita in Funairi-cho and it was cheap but I'm not sure how much cheaper it is than other hotels because I stayed for work and they don't really speak English.

Comfort hotel is located on the street car line and within 5 minutes by foot to Peace Memorial Park. There are a variety of cheap food option in Hiroshima from the convienience store to any number of restaruants that have english menus. For detailed information check out GetHiroshima.com
(#4 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

08-11-2008, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StangGuy View Post
For Hiroshima the cheapest hotel to stay in that I have found with english speaking staff is Comfort Hotel. I stayed at Sejour Fujita in Funairi-cho and it was cheap but I'm not sure how much cheaper it is than other hotels because I stayed for work and they don't really speak English.

Comfort hotel is located on the street car line and within 5 minutes by foot to Peace Memorial Park. There are a variety of cheap food option in Hiroshima from the convienience store to any number of restaruants that have english menus. For detailed information check out GetHiroshima.com
Looks like your itinerary matched (Almost) the one I did for my friends last year. See below for the hotel reservations I made. All of them have english speaking attendant/reception, with the exception of Hakone. Aside from the one in Hakone, all the hotels/mogel cost about 35-50 a night. The one in Tokyo cost 75 a night (Fukudaya)

hotel.JPG
(#5 (permalink))
Old
manners (Offline)
JF Regular

08-18-2008, 02:48 AM

I stayed at the Comfort Hotel in Hiroshima.

It is cheap, clean, and close ot the sites such as the peace memorial park. The tram is very close.

Have a nice day
My Japan Blog Do your own research because this is not advice.