JapanForum.com

JapanForum.com (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/)
-   Japan Travel Advice (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japan-travel-advice/)
-   -   Going to Japan alone, what to do? nightlife & tourism (http://www.japanforum.com/forum/japan-travel-advice/18492-going-japan-alone-what-do-nightlife-tourism.html)

zachary 08-24-2008 01:59 AM

Going to Japan alone, what to do? nightlife & tourism

Hi, I'm planning to go to Japan sometime later this year 2008, I cant get any of my friends to go with me so I'll most likely be alone, can you give me any tips about some good nightlife spots where I can meet some nice friendly people?

Other than that, what are some great places, aside from the mainstream tourist spots to hitup?

Any advice will be appreciated a lot :) Thank you

uktokyoite 08-24-2008 11:02 AM

Where in Japan are you planning on visiting? If it's Tokyo that's where I live so I can help out.

For nightspots and to find out what's going on, check out this online Tokyo magazine. It has a classifieds section that gives you lots of good info about bars, restaurants, events, nightclubs, etc. Metropolis - Japan's Number 1 English Magazine

Hope it helps : )

godwine 08-26-2008 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zachary (Post 568593)
Hi, I'm planning to go to Japan sometime later this year 2008, I cant get any of my friends to go with me so I'll most likely be alone, can you give me any tips about some good nightlife spots where I can meet some nice friendly people?

Other than that, what are some great places, aside from the mainstream tourist spots to hitup?

Any advice will be appreciated a lot :) Thank you

Where are you going, for how long and what are you interested in?

zachary 08-29-2008 09:28 AM

Hi UKTokyoite and Godwine, thanks for your replies, I'd like to go sometime within the next couple months, maybe stay for a week for now, and since I have never been to Japan before maybe I'll go to Tokyo for starters, and if have time venture off into other places, I'm not really set on any 1 place though

I'd like to find a nice hotel, decent price, with internet in room, good location, visit a couple of tourist spots for pictures for my personal blog, and then at night go to the bars & nightclubs etc

uktokyoite thanks for that metropolis link, I'll check that out for sure :)

dmach12001 09-09-2008 11:23 PM

Hey Zachary,

I'm jealous and hope you have a great time. :)
See if this site can add any information for you regarding hotels and things to do.

The Japan Zone

Have fun and where did you get the peace sign dude? lol

allie2590 09-09-2008 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmach12001 (Post 580348)

It's right under smilies... Just click on it.

Anyways, I don't really have any advice for you, but I must say that I admire you for having the guts to go to a foreign country on your own. I would never be able to do that, especially with a country as vastly different from my own as Japan is. Enjoy your trip! :vsign:

Aota 09-09-2008 11:55 PM

Club Bear in Osaka! >:P

Awesome environment!

Housetek 09-11-2008 02:56 PM

if you dig around i have a lil guide in places to visit in tokyo.

i like the nightlife in tokyo alot, plenty of things to do.

also its cool if you go alone.

when i was living there i met new friends every time i went out.

every one is pretty friendly.

any questions just shoot a pm

zachary 09-11-2008 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aota (Post 580370)
Club Bear in Osaka! >:P
Awesome environment!

Thanks Aota, I will check out Club Bear 100% for SURE! :) thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmach12001 (Post 580348)
Hey Zachary,
I'm jealous and hope you have a great time. :)
See if this site can add any information for you regarding hotels and things to do.
The Japan Zone

Thanks for the link, and yes Allie was correct, click on the smilies links :)

kenmei 09-12-2008 04:50 AM

Keep in mind, Osaka is quite the ways away from Tokyo and a few hours by shinkansen.

If you're staying in the Tokyo area, try ageha in shinkiba

here's their site: [ ageHa ]

they have like 3 different dj halls and one has a pool!