JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
saltshaker (Offline)
New to JF

What happened in Japan on June? - 08-28-2008, 03:07 PM

Hi everybody,

I'm planning to go there next year on June...
so, what's the weather usually on beginning of June, i.e. 3rd/5th of June?
since june is in the middle of spring and summer and i heard it's raining period... will it going to be raining everyday? i'm afraid cant do anything especially if u pay to enter the disneyland.. so wasted.. =(
Arigatou =)
(#2 (permalink))
Old
NTREEG (Offline)
JF Regular

08-28-2008, 04:10 PM

They say it's the rainy season, but honestly I didn't notice much rain in June. In fact, I'd say this week is the rainiest week I've experienced so far in Japan. Expect a lot of heat if you're in the Tokyo area. When I visited in 2007, June and July was incredibly humid, but this year not as much it seems.

Japan's Rainy Season (Tsuyu or Baiyu)
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Raisthlin (Offline)
JF Regular

09-25-2008, 08:31 AM

i spend 4 weeks in japan. may 16 to june 17 and i did get some rain in june. maybe 4-5 days. Of course i knew it was supposed to be the rainy season. Then again i head it wasnt that bad in june this year so i guess i got lucky. When i go back, because i WILL, ill go toward the end of the summer. Even tho its REALLY hot i still prefer hells highways then pouring rain.

As for beginning of june you should be okay. Maybe youll get some rain maybe you wont. its kinda random you know but the rainy season tends to be more heavy towards mid june.

have fun