LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
samurai007 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-26-2008, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samokan View Post
Finally visited Koyasan, now I understand why you like it. I absolutely love the place, so much better than Kyoto. And during our return trip to Osaka it rain and the mountain was absolutely amazing, eerie but amazing.
Cool! Did you stay overnight in a temple, or just visit for the day? And I agree, IMO it's a much more interesting and unique place to visit than Kyoto, and off the beaten path so there aren't nearly as many tourists.

I found this pictures on your website, they look great! Did you explore Okuno-in cemetery? That is one of my favorite places to take pictures, there are so many beautiful scenes of statues and torii amid the old trees!

JET Program, 1996-98, Wakayama-ken, Hashimoto-shi

Link to pictures from my time in Japan

Last edited by samurai007 : 09-26-2008 at 07:16 AM.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
samokan (Offline)
0xFFFF_FFFF

09-26-2008, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samurai007 View Post
Cool! Did you stay overnight in a temple, or just visit for the day? And I agree, IMO it's a much more interesting and unique place to visit than Kyoto, and off the beaten path so there aren't nearly as many tourists.

I found this pictures on your website, they look great! Did you explore Okuno-in cemetery? That is one of my favorite places to take pictures, there are so many beautiful scenes of statues and torii amid the old trees!
Unfortunately, not this time. My friend and I just toured the place but next I will definitely try to stay at one temple inn. And hopefully with a better camera

When we went there, there are lots of Local Tourist who are on, I think , historical and religious tour.

*** Omnia Muntantor, Nihil Interit ***

My Japan Life

-------------------------------------
(#13 (permalink))
Old
samurai007 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-26-2008, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by samokan View Post
Unfortunately, not this time. My friend and I just toured the place but next I will definitely try to stay at one temple inn. And hopefully with a better camera

When we went there, there are lots of Local Tourist who are on, I think , historical and religious tour.
Yes, there are some religious pilgrimages there. They usually aren't that many people, at least compared to Kyoto's crowds, but especially around holidays (like Obon) it can get busy there sometimes. As you said, foreign tourists are much rarer there than Kyoto though, it's mostly Japanese people that know about the place.

JET Program, 1996-98, Wakayama-ken, Hashimoto-shi

Link to pictures from my time in Japan