JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
mekyi (Offline)
New to JF

Advice on 10 day trip to Japan - 09-05-2008, 11:53 AM

Hi,
My boyfriend and I are travelling to Japan at the end of November till the begginning of December. Our trip will only be 10 days. We are staying in Osaka and Tokyo but may go visit Kyoto for the day.
Does anyone have advice on decent places to stay and nice things for us to do. We do not want to stay in hostels but do not want anything too expensive. We are also looking for a decent traditional Ryokan to stay (even if it is in Kyoto-we would love if we could find one with a hot spring).
Any suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
(#2 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

09-05-2008, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekyi View Post
Hi,
My boyfriend and I are travelling to Japan at the end of November till the begginning of December. Our trip will only be 10 days. We are staying in Osaka and Tokyo but may go visit Kyoto for the day.
Does anyone have advice on decent places to stay and nice things for us to do. We do not want to stay in hostels but do not want anything too expensive. We are also looking for a decent traditional Ryokan to stay (even if it is in Kyoto-we would love if we could find one with a hot spring).
Any suggestions and advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Just Osaka and Tokyo alone probably won't last you 10 days. do drop by Kyoto, you can see much of the city in one day, and can probably see all major attractions in 2. Spend a day and night in Yokohama you will not regret it. Traditional Ryokan can get pricey, there are a couple of nice one right in front of the kyoto station, you can give that a shot.....

Your best bet for a hot sprint resort will be in Atami and/or Hakone, Nikko as well, but thats kinda far from Tokyo....

I have been sending people sample itinerary, if you can PM me your email address, i will send you something that you can have a quick peek on
(#3 (permalink))
Old
kaelazors (Offline)
おっす!

09-05-2008, 04:16 PM

don't forget to check out tokyo disneyland! that will take up a day and they have a lotta cute merchandise that isn't sold at other disneylands

hello kitty clan leader
anime romance clan delegate

バスガス爆発ブスバスガイド ;]
(#4 (permalink))
Old
mekyi (Offline)
New to JF

09-07-2008, 05:12 AM

Thanks. Any advice on where to stay in Osaka or Tokyo?
(#5 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

09-07-2008, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mekyi View Post
Thanks. Any advice on where to stay in Osaka or Tokyo?
In Tokyo, stay by stations that give you direct access to to the Yamanote line. Uneo is probably the best option.

For Osaka, you can stay near Namba or right in the Dotonbori. I posted a couple of suggestion in the past, do a search