JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
babyboo (Offline)
New to JF

GOOD HOTEL FOR ACCOMADATIONS in TOKYO - 09-09-2008, 05:34 AM

hi everyone,

i was wondering if anyone could give me advice on which hotel to stay in when i get to tokyo.
i want a place that is close to the train station that i could get around easy and near lots of cool attractions? shopping etc etc

thanks
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-09-2008, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyboo View Post
hi everyone,

i was wondering if anyone could give me advice on which hotel to stay in when i get to tokyo.
i want a place that is close to the train station that i could get around easy and near lots of cool attractions? shopping etc etc

thanks
There are literally thousands. What is your budget like?
(#3 (permalink))
Old
uktokyoite (Offline)
JF Regular

09-09-2008, 01:18 PM

If you don't want to spend too much but want to stay in a decent hotel, I always tell my friends to stay in the Star at Shinjuku. It's not expensive but it's in a good location and has good service. Here's the link for it at Asiarooms Tokyo hotels, Shinjuku Star hotel reviews, Shinjuku Star Tokyo 1 to 0

Check my Website: TokyoTopia
(#4 (permalink))
Old
dmach12001 (Offline)
New to JF

09-09-2008, 10:56 PM

Hi Babyboo,

hopefully this site can assist you.

Japan Hotels

By the way, I used to call my youngers sister Babyboo and Babysweet. lol...

(#5 (permalink))
Old
ChameleonSaint (Offline)
New to JF

09-11-2008, 12:24 AM

As I do not know your budget I will suggest the Crowne Plaza in Ikebukuro. It is only 100 so meters away from the Ikebukuro train station and then you can use the Yamanote Line to get all around Tokyo.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

09-11-2008, 01:02 AM

The best hotel I've stayed at is the Intercontinental Hotel at Tokyo Bay. It is a beautiful hotel located next to Takehiba station, on the Yurikamome line. It is walking distance from Hamarikyu garden, (formerly known as the Detached Palace), Ginza, and the fish market at Tsukiji. It is also near Odaiba, which is a must-see if you are visiting Tokyo.

My favorite thing about the hotel is it's spectacular view of Tokyo Bay and the rainbow bridge. The rooms are large, and include a sofa. Some include bathtubs with picture windows so you can have your bath while enjoying the view. The hotel is just outside the busier parts of the metro area, so it is quieter and less crowded than the hotels in Ikebukuro or Shinagawa.

The Yurikamome line ends at Shinbashi station, where you can catch the Yamanote train, which will take you to places like Ikebukuro, Ueno, Akihabara, Tokyo station, Shibuya, and Harajuku. You can also get the Hibiya subway line at Shinbashi, and this will take you to Roppongi.

The last time I booked a room at the Intercontinental was through Hotels.com. I got a bay-view room with a king size bed for $180 per night. That may sound high, but I've spent as much as $700 a night for a hotel room in Tokyo. For what you get, the room rate is a bargain.

My next favorite is the Nikko Hotel, which is also at Tokyo Bay. The rate for a bay view room was $255 per night. I also stayed a week at the Mira Costa Hotel, which is located at Tokyo's Disney sea resort. In all the world, this is the most beautiful hotel I've stayed at, but my room was $630 per night.

The nastiest hotel I've been to is the Prince Hotel at Shinagawa. The rate was only $80 per night, but the rooms were small, stank of cigarettes, and were less than clean. It's a shame the rooms were so bad, because the location is very good. It is located across the street from Shinagawa station, and there are a great many good shops, restaurants and stores nearby. There is also an aquarium, a bowling alley, and tennis courts located in the hotel complex.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Housetek (Offline)
is a big dork

Send a message via AIM to Housetek Send a message via MSN to Housetek Send a message via Skype™ to Housetek
09-11-2008, 03:08 PM

if you have time read thru this

Houseteks Guide To Tokyo

pricing really depends on how long you stay.

1-2 weeks id just go with a decent hotel in hiro or somthing for 120$ us a night.

any longer then 2 weeks rent a apartment from sakura house it ends up being alot cheaper.

also they have english speaking reps at sakura house.

guess T house is always another super cheap choice. lil more finiky with the rooms tho

MR.JF & Jf God
heres a personal Ty to all who voted and participated http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ER8CsVuTNY

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=housetek
please check out the videos and subscribe!

feel free to pm/aim/msn me for any Q's on Japan
(#8 (permalink))
Old
aiyumecool559 (Offline)
JF Regular

09-15-2008, 12:36 AM

It can depend. Hotel can be expensive, but good. Many near stations, with train. Inter-Continental TOKYO BAY is very very good. Good views, of tokyo bay, and, sumida river. Expensive, but, good. Near airport and station.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
NEXgreen (Offline)
New to JF

11-07-2008, 04:13 AM

I recommend the Century Hyatt in Shinjuku (now known as the Hyatt Regency Tokyo). I have always enjoyed my stays there.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Englishstudent (Offline)
New to JF

11-07-2008, 02:06 PM

Nice pen trick lol... yeah well im confused at the moment not sure whether to go to Japan or Hong Kong, well im going to be doing international business at university and I sort of have to decide at some point which to choose, is living in Japan cheaper than Hong Kong, or really I should ask is it easier to make a living in Japan