No! Why waste my time? 43 39.81%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#41 (permalink))
Old
Yuna7780 (Offline)
I'm Missh Yuna! ♥

09-11-2008, 02:41 AM

McDonald's is more expensive in Japan. I'd probably go once to see if the food tastes different, but I'd rather go somewhere else to eat. I was forced to eat at MickeyD's today because all of my friends were going. XDDD

Thanks for reading!
~Yuna7780
(#42 (permalink))
Old
Wasabista (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-11-2008, 02:57 AM

I've eaten at Makku many times and will again, but never if there's a Mosburger or Freshness Burger around.

Mmmm... spicy mos cheesburger with fries...

『辛かった」といえる前に
「辛かったろう」と言ってくれる
(#43 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-11-2008, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangetsu View Post
And, if you've ever seen the kitchen facilities in a Tokyo apartment (sink too small to put a dinner plate in, a single burner electric stove which takes 20 minutes to boil water, and a refrigerator only big enough for a 6 pack of beer), you would understand why so few here people cook.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Payne222 View Post
But not everyone in Japan lives in Tokyo?

But anyways;
Answering the question...
sure, why not?
I mean, low on money and want something fast,
sounds fine to me.
I didn't live in Tokyo and Sangetsu described my apartment exactly. Except my fridge held 2 packs of beer.
(#44 (permalink))
Old
MissHoneyBeeee (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-11-2008, 03:23 AM

if i was in Japan and i was craving some american food once in a while. i've never been to/heard of Mos Burger o-0 and i've heard of Wendy's (oh, look at all those weird redheaded policemen chasing a chicken in that commercial...xD) but never went there either :|

tho, i don't kno one time that i ever got sick of Japanese/Chinese/Korean food xD
(#45 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
09-11-2008, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
I didn't live in Tokyo and Sangetsu described my apartment exactly. Except my fridge held 2 packs of beer.
And I lived in a one room in downtown Nagoya that had a full size refrigerator, a 3 burner gas stove, and a fair bit of counter space.

It all depends on the apartment. Saying that single people never cook is silly. I know FAR FAR more single people who do cook than who eat out. Eating out most of the time ends up draining your cash - these days saving is a big thing.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#46 (permalink))
Old
Henbaka (Offline)
Dark Passenger

09-11-2008, 05:07 AM

My guesthouse has a gas stove. Kinda new for me, in sweden most people have electrical ones. I was kinda impressed with how fast you can boil water or heat a frying pan on these things... damn!

Heh, I got like a half shelf in the fridge, same with freezer. Anyone knows how much a small fridge to have in the room or something costs?

(about costs, as I remembered it beef was way expensive over here. But just yesterday I found some nice thin beef for like 300JPY / 250g, which is really cheaper than in Sweden atleast)

なんでやねん!
(#47 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-11-2008, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyororin View Post
And I lived in a one room in downtown Nagoya that had a full size refrigerator, a 3 burner gas stove, and a fair bit of counter space.

It all depends on the apartment. Saying that single people never cook is silly. I know FAR FAR more single people who do cook than who eat out. Eating out most of the time ends up draining your cash - these days saving is a big thing.
This was a long time ago for me, and I was paid more than I needed, so ended up eating out a lot...or lots of Hokka Hokka Tei.
(#48 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-11-2008, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henbaka View Post
My guesthouse has a gas stove. Kinda new for me, in sweden most people have electrical ones. I was kinda impressed with how fast you can boil water or heat a frying pan on these things... damn!

Heh, I got like a half shelf in the fridge, same with freezer. Anyone knows how much a small fridge to have in the room or something costs?

(about costs, as I remembered it beef was way expensive over here. But just yesterday I found some nice thin beef for like 300JPY / 250g, which is really cheaper than in Sweden atleast)
Go down to Midori Denki or the local appliance store. I imagine 30,000 or so.
(#49 (permalink))
Old
twiggles (Offline)
New to JF

09-11-2008, 05:42 AM

I think that going to a McDonald's in Japan would give people a better understanding of the behaviors of another culture when you observe them in a similar situation that you yourself are familiar with.

Therefore in my opinion GOING to McDonald's, regardless of eating the food or not, is a culturally enriching experience in itself.
(#50 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-11-2008, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiggles View Post
I think that going would give people a better understanding of the behaviors of another culture when you observe them in a similar situation that you yourself are familiar with.

Therefore in my opinion GOING to McDonald's, regardless of eating the food or not, is a culturally enriching experience in itself.
I agree 100%.