JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
xnamelessx (Offline)
Fashion is what u make it

Send a message via ICQ to xnamelessx Send a message via AIM to xnamelessx Send a message via MSN to xnamelessx Send a message via Yahoo to xnamelessx Send a message via Skype™ to xnamelessx
09-22-2008, 07:48 AM

when i was yunga it was 1st spain then i got to about 8-9 it was france, belgium. And all my life i end up in liverpool for alot of holidays becuse my grandparentss live there and my mum grew up there blah blah xD
But for the past 3 years from 2006, ive been goin to the states. Lol.
I seem to like this thread lool. Sorry i must b pissin y'all off!

xNaMeLeSsX
aka
SaChIkO
aka
Sarah Cheeks/San

♀ ♀ SaCh Pwoductions♀ ♀

Member of the infamous
Lolita Clan

___________________________________________________________________________ ____________

And the Pucca Clan Leader
(#22 (permalink))
Old
Jaydelart (Offline)
ジェイデラート

09-22-2008, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonxchan View Post
Hi my name is maison ^_^ im in love with japanese culture and anime and what not. My dream this upcoming summer is to go to Toyko Japan for a week. but my parents think im crazy i try to talk to them about it and they go completely nutzo. How should i persuade them that visiting Japan would be a greater trip then going to the Carribean?
Where does the Caribbean fit into this? I pressume you're talking about the planning of a family trip? If so, a good way to persuade them would be to show them things that would interest them in Tokyo. It would be virtually futile trying to make them go to a place that they already have an unfavorable attitude towards... So you'll have to find a way to mold that attitude into a favorable one... Or endure the horrible Caribbean (sarcasm).

It's not my place to try and sway your dreams... But, personally, the Caribbean doesn't seem like a bad place to visit. And, since you've already got your heart set on Japan, why not appreciate this trip while you can still rely on your parents to organize everything for you? Once you're on your own, you can go to Japan, regardless of their opinion.

... I have plans in Japan too (like most people here)... But I wouldn't want to limit myself to it. I'd accept a trip to the Caribbean if it was offered to me.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

09-22-2008, 12:39 PM

All you kids should just be thankful that your parents are paying for your vacation Why not just wait a few years save some money and go yourself? Hassle free, don't have to convince anyone...
(#24 (permalink))
Old
Harold (Offline)
JF Old Timer

09-23-2008, 01:28 AM

Unless you have some serious cash rolling in or are planning to go to only to Okinawa, a trip to there is probably not going to happen.

I
沖縄           My blog
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Masterjoe42 (Offline)
JF Regular

Send a message via MSN to Masterjoe42 Send a message via Skype™ to Masterjoe42
09-23-2008, 01:29 AM

Luckily for you, there's a nationwide educational program that lets you take trips to your destination to study the culture. Perhaps that might persuade them to let you go.

Happiness is just a word to me, and it might have meant a thing or two if I had known the difference

Loneliness, another parody, and my life another smoking gun, a sign of my indifference
(#26 (permalink))
Old
CarleyGee (Offline)
staring at awkward legs

Send a message via AIM to CarleyGee Send a message via MSN to CarleyGee
09-23-2008, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maisonxchan View Post
Hi my name is maison ^_^ im in love with japanese culture and anime and what not. My dream this upcoming summer is to go to Toyko Japan for a week. but my parents think im crazy i try to talk to them about it and they go completely nutzo. How should i persuade them that visiting Japan would be a greater trip then going to the Carribean?
You should be mature to them about it so they will listen to you and what you have to say about the situation. If you present it decently and give enough facts, etc, then really it all depends on what they want for you. :/
Showing them you are dedicated wouldn't hurt either.
To tell them that Japan is what you are interested in and not Carribean can help them understand what you mean.

Help my Cause for homeless teens!
http://www.socialvibe.com/CarleyGee

R.I.P Johnny
3-31-09

http://www.formspring.me/CarleyRenee17
Ask me any question