JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
evilknight (Offline)
New to JF

Unhappy Time taken for Certificate of Eligibility. - 09-20-2008, 03:01 PM

I am applying for a students visa as i have got an opportunity to take part in a STUDENT EXCHANGE PROGRAM,at Kyushu Institute of Technology.

Having forwarded my 'Application for Certificate of Eligibility' to KIT who is going to act as my proxy i am worried whether i'll be able to get the 'Certificate of Eligibility' on time as the term starts on October 1.

How much time does it take for the Certificate of Eligibility to be processed. Will applying through the university speed up the process.

Thanks for the help.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-20-2008, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilknight View Post
I am applying for a students visa as i have got an opportunity to take part in a STUDENT EXCHANGE PROGRAM,at Kyushu Institute of Technology.

Having forwarded my 'Application for Certificate of Eligibility' to KIT who is going to act as my proxy i am worried whether i'll be able to get the 'Certificate of Eligibility' on time as the term starts on October 1.

How much time does it take for the Certificate of Eligibility to be processed. Will applying through the university speed up the process.

Thanks for the help.
That's cutting it pretty close. They may have speed-up process...I would contact them. If they are still accepting applications for October, then it's possible, but you are going through a government process, which isn't always very speedy.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
evilknight (Offline)
New to JF

09-21-2008, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
That's cutting it pretty close. They may have speed-up process...I would contact them. If they are still accepting applications for October, then it's possible, but you are going through a government process, which isn't always very speedy.

Thanks mate.
So its highly unlikely to be there for the start of the term right?And can u pls clarify on whom u might contact ??

And can u please tell what all supporting documents should be sent with the application. Thanks again.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-21-2008, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilknight View Post
Thanks mate.
So its highly unlikely to be there for the start of the term right?And can u pls clarify on whom u might contact ??

And can u please tell what all supporting documents should be sent with the application. Thanks again.
The school you are applying to needs to give you that information in some pretty clear forms. If they don't know, you ain't going.

You can contact your consulate, but you should only really be needing to go through your school, assuming they are on the up and up.