(#11 (permalink))
Old
kenmei (Offline)
脳ある鷹は爪を隠

Send a message via AIM to kenmei Send a message via MSN to kenmei
09-21-2008, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
But why fly all the way to Japan to eat at a convenience store twice a day. More than once I have had to bail out friends who budget like that, but then, just can't eat nigiri and premade sandwiches twice a day and end up spending their money on real food, or a t-shirt and go broke.

I always advise make a reasonable budget, then bring that plus 1/3. Expenses ALWAYS come up you don't expect. If you can't afford to bring that much, Japan may not be the holiday destination for you.
seeing as tokyo has the most michelin stars in the world, i think they're doing it wrong

ホラ顔上げぇな・・
(#12 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

09-21-2008, 02:54 AM

Many of the best meals I have ever eaten in my life were in Osaka, Kobe and Tokyo. And they weren't at convenience stores or fast food restaurants.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

09-22-2008, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Many of the best meals I have ever eaten in my life were in Osaka, Kobe and Tokyo. And they weren't at convenience stores or fast food restaurants.
I totally agree with you in terms of the budget thing, I am just giving him a "cheapest" option... though, I still manage to survive on around USD$30 a day for 3 meals on some days, it wasn't bad at all... though my total spending for the 2 week last year was like USD$8K, so I shouldn't be the one saying