LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
marcfalk (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to marcfalk Send a message via Skype™ to marcfalk
Thumbs up Where to find streetrace in Tokyo? - 09-23-2008, 02:54 PM

Hey guys,

Does any of you know where I can find information about streetraces or trackraces in Tokyo? We are some guys who would like to see some race, if it exists?

Thanks in advance..

Cheers,
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Nyororin (Offline)
Mod Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to Nyororin Send a message via Yahoo to Nyororin
09-23-2008, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcfalk View Post
Does any of you know where I can find information about streetraces or trackraces in Tokyo? We are some guys who would like to see some race, if it exists?
Good luck on the street races... Street racing is illegal, and police do their best to catch and squash it. (For good reason, as it`s incredibly dangerous to those involved and those trying to drive normally.)
There is pretty much no chance of races being advertised - your best bet is to make friends with a racer (if you can track one down), and ask directly.

If anyone is trying to find me… Tamyuun on Instagram is probably the easiest.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
AntiCitizen (Offline)
JF Regular

09-23-2008, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Hey guys,

Thanks in advance..

Cheers,
stop watching so much 2 fast 2 furious ITS ONLY A FILM

If you're japanese and live in the Uk email me as i would like a language exchange partner
ddart1@pcad.ac.uk
(#4 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

09-23-2008, 05:10 PM

Quote:
If it exists?
Go rent a copy of "Tokyo Drift"....

Anyways, in all seriousness, there USED to be "SOME" street racing going on in Japan years ago, but it was nothing like how the manga/animate portrait it with audience watching it on the mountain side

You won't see it anymore, simply because as the other pointed out, its illegal, and the cops crack down on it.

Making racer friend is a good approach, but I doubt they will build enough trust in you to take you to an event after the first meeting
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

09-24-2008, 10:11 AM

It's incredibly difficult to get a drivers license in Japan (I'm going through the process myself right now), but it's even easier to lose one's license if one does something as foolish as racing.

Japan is not a car-friendly country. If you are parked in a lot eating a donut while reading a paper, and a car backs into yours, you are going to be considered partially at fault for the accident. Add the requirement for expensive annual inspections, outrageous highway tolls ($1 per mile), high gas prices, and parking requirements, you'll begin to understand. In some circumstances you can't even own or buy a car unless you have a parking spot registered with the city. If you get pulled over for being in a speed contest (racing), don't think they'll let you get back behind the wheel within a decade or so.

People don't drive wildly modified cars here because they actually race them. It's only for looks. You'll see women on trains or buses carrying tennis rackets whenever they head out for the weekend even though they've never actually played a game of tennis.

If you want to drive fast, move to Montana or Germany where there are no speed limits.
(#6 (permalink))
Old
marcfalk (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to marcfalk Send a message via Skype™ to marcfalk
09-25-2008, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiCitizen View Post
stop watching so much 2 fast 2 furious ITS ONLY A FILM
Haha, well... maybe we will :P

Are there any legal races, on tracks etc?

Thanks for the answers anyway, I appreciate.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

09-25-2008, 01:09 PM

On many of the mountain roads now, the corners have been painted with a special coating which prevents drifting. There are a handful of small stretches of roads in the country where people go to drive fast because of the lack of speed enforcement cameras and small number of police officers. It's hardly worth the effort to invest in a fast car and only have the opportunity to get it out to one of these roads on rare occasions.

As for track times, it is possible to use some of the race tracks on public days. But your vehicle must pass a strict safety inspection, it must be insured and registered (unless you are a licensed racer with a competition-only vehicle), and you must have a valid drivers license. "Valid" license means a Japanese or international license (and some places will not accept international licenses).

It's hard to find time to drive as public days at the tracks are very busy, particularly on those few warmer days when it's not raining. You may wait 6 or 8 hours to get only 15 minutes of time on the track.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Deutschland (Offline)
ドイツ

Send a message via ICQ to Deutschland
09-25-2008, 01:16 PM

sangetsu do you know how fast can be drived on japanese highways?

*̡͌l̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴ Vorsprung durch Technik!

(#9 (permalink))
Old
SGTOkinawa (Offline)
JF Regular

Exclamation 09-25-2008, 01:17 PM

How are you going to see a race all the way from "Location: Denmark" ?

Also, because it is illegal, no one in a public forums is going to just give a place and time, dah the police can read this stuff too you know.

Lastly, you'd be better to ask someone in a PM that is into cars, I think there is a section just for cars right?

Start there.

Good luck!

Peace!

SGT_Okinawa

U.S. Army Retired
38 years old
Married w/2 kids
Virginia, USA

(#10 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

09-25-2008, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGTOkinawa View Post
How are you going to see a race all the way from "Location: Denmark" ?

Also, because it is illegal, no one in a public forums is going to just give a place and time, dah the police can read this stuff too you know.

Lastly, you'd be better to ask someone in a PM that is into cars, I think there is a section just for cars right?

Start there.

Good luck!

Peace!
I think he is going to Japan, thats why he ask.... if i am correct, the speed limit on highway is 60M/H... and that junk from "Tokyo Drift", concerning police won't even try if you exceed 200KM/H, that i cannot confirm, but I don' think there is such rule