JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Meta77 (Offline)
JF Regular

Im afraid to go to japan because im black - 06-28-2007, 01:34 PM

I have been planning to go to japan for a long time. But i read in a book that japan is rather curious around black people and blonds because there arent many that come through. Is this true. I would love to go but i would hate it if no one liked me.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Meta77 (Offline)
JF Regular

06-28-2007, 02:59 PM

yep thats true. Thanks for the advice.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
IamKira (Offline)
Sulfer + KClO3 + Cu(1)Cl

06-28-2007, 03:02 PM

well screw em if they're racist towards you and go anyways!!!!!

IamKira
(#4 (permalink))
Old
DXL (Offline)
JF Regular

06-28-2007, 04:38 PM

Meta77, i went to Japan solo and i'm black. You have no worries there. There are one or two people that stopped to ask me where I was from, some kids stared at me but that was mainly outside Tokyo (in Kyoto, Himeji, Hiroshima, Nara etc) and other big cities like Yokohama and Osaka. And besides most of them seemed more scared of me, but all very friendly.

You can meet some nice people like this old lady that sat next to me on a shinkansen, when another woman had just got up and to go find another seat just as i sat down. She talked to me in Japanese (i dont speak it) but i knew what she was asking and when i got to where i was going, she showed me where to catch the next train and where to leave my bags.

So go on, Japan was alright for me. and if you want to see black people, head to Roppongi, it seems like thats the meeting point
(#5 (permalink))
Old
Kittenx (Offline)
Little Freak

Send a message via AIM to Kittenx Send a message via MSN to Kittenx
06-28-2007, 05:13 PM

The black thing is kinda true. They're not used too different races in their country, but I doubt they'd treat 'em any differently.

Click The Banner For My Forum!!!

Visualkeistar ish my Kitten!
ilovedaisuke7's Ish my sister!
Burukuu I'm her fishy!
Himechan I'm her fishy too!
Miyavifan I'm her fishy since I get around alot =)
(#6 (permalink))
Old
ff12guy (Offline)
shibby

Send a message via AIM to ff12guy
06-28-2007, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meta77 View Post
I have been planning to go to japan for a long time. But i read in a book that japan is rather curious around black people and blonds because there arent many that come through. Is this true. I would love to go but i would hate it if no one liked me.
HAHA thats funny sorry

I'm back
(#7 (permalink))
Old
Kaicui (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

06-28-2007, 05:28 PM

yo u never heard of SAPP the beast...hes a mega celebrity in japan! and hes a black wrestler!!!!
(#8 (permalink))
Old
Kaicui (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

06-28-2007, 05:28 PM

trust me, asians in japan, china, korea etc...think dat all blacks are physically superior...
(#9 (permalink))
Old
Camui (Offline)
JF Old Timer

06-28-2007, 09:23 PM

Meta77, don't worry. I always hear about Japanese people being curious about people from other countries visiting Japan, but most of them are curious about us because of admiration. Whenever I see a Japanese person where I am, I admire them. It is no different for an outsider who visits Japan.

Assassin's Creed

mysinging
私の歌唱

(#10 (permalink))
Old
Gorotsuki (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via AIM to Gorotsuki Send a message via MSN to Gorotsuki Send a message via Yahoo to Gorotsuki Send a message via Skype™ to Gorotsuki
06-28-2007, 09:24 PM

Ive worried about the same thing before with Japan. I am not black (native american, white, japanese) but I look it so it was something I thought about. From what I have heard there are no issues with black men and the Japanese. However I have heard of a few problems with black women and the Japanese. I was reading a few hundred post on another forum site. And several women who were black and went to japan had random people coming up to them one of them was a salary worker who said "yo yo yo whats up my nigga" but that was the only issue she had whlie she was there. Another person said that many peopel told her she had large breast. Another woman said that she was treated like a celebrity the whole time she was in Japan. The guys however had little to no issues. Just got stares but thats usual for anyone in Japan thats not Japanese is it not?

I also remember reading a few comments that said. Japan is probably the best place for black people. Especially if they are from America, since Japan doesn't have many racial issues as the states. Just gaijin ones, but from what ive heard blending in and learning the language is the best thing, and you shouldn't be treated drastically different.
I say go for it I will be going next year.