LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

10-02-2008, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangetsu View Post
I would go to Odaiba in the morning and then see Disney Sea in the evening. Disney has a special "Starlight" pass for afternoon/evening visitors which costs less than a regular full day pass. Disney Sea usually has an evening show on the bay with lots of fireworks and pyrotechnics, so you won't want to miss that.

To get from Odaiba to Maihama you would take the Yurikamome line to Toyosu station. From there you can take the Yurakocho line to Shin Kiba station. You can catch either the Keiyo line or the Mushashino line at Shin Kiba, both will take you to Maihama.

The commute from Odaiba to Maihama takes about 30 minutes, depending on how long you have to wait between trains.

Which hotel are you staying at?
Yeah, Daiba isn't all that interesting at night, the view is nice, but that last for like 5 minutes.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
bongpb (Offline)
New to JF

10-03-2008, 08:25 AM

Thanks Sangetsu. Sound like it is better to go Odaiba in the morning then proceed to DisneySea. Will it be too rush to visit DisneySea after the Odaiba as I believe my two kids are very keen to enjoy the attractions in DisneySea. By the way, I will be staying in my relative house near Chiba, understand is near to Tsudanuma station, so how should I proceed from Tsudanuma station to Odaiba then DisneySea ? Thanks !
(#13 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

10-04-2008, 05:02 AM

You should be able to take the Sobu line train to Nishi Funabashi station. From there you can get the Musashino line train to Maihama (Disney), or Shin Kiba (where you could change to the Yurakocho line for Toyosu, and then the Yurikamome line for Odaiba).

Your kids will enjoy Odaiba too. Palette Town has a few rides, as well as the big Ferris wheel, and there are often performers doing things like juggling acts, animal tricks, or other things. Muscle Park is located in the Decks building, if I remember right, and there are some interesting things for kids to do there as well. And then there's the beach, which you won't want to miss. You can get pictures of the Rainbow Bridge and the Tokyo metro skyline from there.

The Sobu line also runs all the way to Tokyo station, you can transfer to pretty much any line there, though the Keiyo line platform is a long walk across the station. The Sobu line platform is on the Marunouchi side of the station, so you can simply walk out of the station at the Marunouchi exit and walk to the Imperial Palace. The walk is less than ten minutes.