LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
josxr9 (Offline)
New to JF

Send a message via MSN to josxr9
Finding Host Family - 10-03-2008, 01:01 AM

Hello,

I am currently a dental student in the US, and I was thinking about traveling to Japan next summer (2009). How does one go about finding homestay or a host family for such trips? Also, I don't suppose anybody knows about any summer jobs that I could participate in while I am there (preferably dental related, or perhaps teaching english)?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
(#2 (permalink))
Old
SSJup81 (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

Send a message via ICQ to SSJup81 Send a message via AIM to SSJup81 Send a message via MSN to SSJup81 Send a message via Yahoo to SSJup81 Send a message via Skype™ to SSJup81
10-03-2008, 03:55 AM

I'm sorry that I can't be of much help, but I always thought that usually those attending schools (like say one attending school in Japan for a semester) usually ended up with host families. I've neve heard of situation where someone just wanted to go over there for a while and find a family to stay with. How long did you want to stay? To teach English in Japan, you need to have some kind of a degree or more than likely be TESOL certified.

That aside, you can always check out the threads in the Living in Japan section. Maybe there's some information there that can help you, like how to teach in Japan.