JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Senbee (Offline)
JF Regular

Partying in Japan - 10-05-2008, 10:58 AM

Hey everyone. I am planning a trip to Japan with friends in about a year and I wanted to ask if anyone has made any party experiences there. Well I have a few questions:

1. What music is typical for clubs there? Do they play all kinds of stuff like House, RnB and so on or do they have different preferences?

2. How old do you have to be to get into a club and drink? I will be 20 years old when I visit so Im not sure if thats old enough.

3. Do they seperate foreighners from Japanese? I meen will I get into a normal club even though I dont look Japanese at all?

Id be glad if someone could answes or perhaps just tell me from your personal experiences.

Senbee
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Raisthlin (Offline)
JF Regular

10-05-2008, 09:23 PM

I dont want to be rude but these questions have already been answered countless of times. In fact at least 2 times a week. Check recent post or make a search.

I mean...its not that hard is it ?
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Senbee (Offline)
JF Regular

10-06-2008, 01:04 PM

oh sry well I didn't meen to upset anyone. I just never saw a thread where these specific questions where asked. I can't really find one eather and well because you said its super easy could your perhaps give me a hint where it would be?
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Raisthlin (Offline)
JF Regular

10-06-2008, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senbee View Post
oh sry well I didn't meen to upset anyone. I just never saw a thread where these specific questions where asked. I can't really find one eather and well because you said its super easy could your perhaps give me a hint where it would be?
dont worry, you didnt upset anyone at all.

Partying and meeting people in Tokyo?

clubbing in tokyo

Where I Can Party In Japan?

i know theres a few more out there. if im not mistaken i think housetek also as something on the subject but im kinda busy so i cant look deepeer. Anyway, this should get you started if you have anymore questions after that i will be more then happy to help you the best i can.

oh well...ill give a go at your questions anyway. here we go

1. You can find pretty much anything in Japan. It all depends which kind of clubs your going into. They have reagge clubs, techno clubs, jazz clubs all those kind of "dedicated" clubs... they have it all. Im sure you could find a club dedicated to harmonica if you looked hard enuff. See what i mean.. As for the normal "going out" clubs i found that they most often played hip-hop, RnB, a little bit of techno and some general pop artists. Expect to ear quite a few japanese songs as well which makes it even more interesting.

2. If im not mistaken...20 is the legal age to drink and get into clubs.

3. They do not seperate foreighners from Japanese. What they do is some places will have a no gaijing entry policy. Which means these places are stricly for japanesse people and that your chance of getting in are as slim a supermodel....very slim. But dont worry. Most of the mainstream partying clubs, where young people (20-30) gather to have some fun, in tokyo, osaka, kyoto, and other major cities do not enforce such policies.

Heres an advice: I would suggest to go with a friend, someone you met at the hostel or something like that. I went alone quite a few times but i found it more practical and fun to have some people with you. Even tho i ended up seperating from the group and making new "japanese" friends on the spot going with other peoples make it easier overall.

Hope that helps.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-07-2008, 12:54 AM

There are all kinds of clubs, from jazz to blues to reggae to trance to regular dance to metal...never seen a country music club, though.

20 is the drinking age.

There are clubs that cater more to foreigners, but no exclusive Japanese or non-Japanese clubs that I have heard of (and if there was a Japanese only club, it would probably be too expensive for a foreigner, anyway).
(#6 (permalink))
Old
Henbaka (Offline)
Dark Passenger

10-08-2008, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
There are all kinds of clubs, from jazz to blues to reggae to trance to regular dance to metal...never seen a country music club, though.

20 is the drinking age.

There are clubs that cater more to foreigners, but no exclusive Japanese or non-Japanese clubs that I have heard of (and if there was a Japanese only club, it would probably be too expensive for a foreigner, anyway).
The only club with a little funny policy like that that I've gone to was Vanilla in Tokyo that had a "gaijin rebate". They're closed though.

And I second that there are all kinds of clubs. Really nice to actually be able to out and get the music that you want!

なんでやねん!
(#7 (permalink))
Old
taro (Offline)
JF Regular

10-08-2008, 02:09 PM

karaoke bars are common hangouts for Japanese though.
(#8 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

10-08-2008, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by taro View Post
karaoke bars are common hangouts for Japanese though.
Karaoke bars? In Japan?

I never saw a karaoke bar in all my years in Japan.
(#9 (permalink))
Old
kenmei (Offline)
脳ある鷹は爪を隠

Send a message via AIM to kenmei Send a message via MSN to kenmei
10-08-2008, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Karaoke bars? In Japan?

I never saw a karaoke bar in all my years in Japan.
i think only america has KARY-OKEY bars

ホラ顔上げぇな・・
(#10 (permalink))
Old
Housetek (Offline)
is a big dork

Send a message via AIM to Housetek Send a message via MSN to Housetek Send a message via Skype™ to Housetek
10-13-2008, 12:42 AM

1. What music is typical for clubs there? Do they play all kinds of stuff like House, RnB and so on or do they have different preferences?
Many bars and clubs, many types of music. techno to rock to rap to house to regaton etc etc. Vanilla is a club that has many rooms with many different types

2. How old do you have to be to get into a club and drink? I will be 20 years old when I visit so Im not sure if thats old enough.
20 is old enough, ALTHOUGH some more high end clubs such as VelFare or Midas require men to be over 23 and for girls its what ever... they dont even card most girls.

3. Do they seperate foreighners from Japanese? I meen will I get into a normal club even though I dont look Japanese at all?
yes... why wouldnt you?

MR.JF & Jf God
heres a personal Ty to all who voted and participated http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ER8CsVuTNY

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=housetek
please check out the videos and subscribe!

feel free to pm/aim/msn me for any Q's on Japan