JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
chizzmonkey (Offline)
New to JF

Narita to Asakusa - 10-05-2008, 12:12 PM

Hi there
Myself and the boyfriend are off to tokyo tomorrow and wondered if anyone could tell me the best way to get from the airport (Narita) to Asakusa where we are staying at the hotel Chisun Inn Asakusa.

Thanks
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Shanis (Offline)
Going to be someone

Send a message via MSN to Shanis
10-05-2008, 05:30 PM

it´s hard to discribe^^ but you can use google maps for it, first search for the japan map and then let it search for the shortes way from narita to asakusa, that´s how I found it but google isn´t saving the things i searched for

Hope it´ll help you

When do you think people die?

When they are shot through the heart by the bullet of a pistol?
No.

When they are ravaged by an incurable disease?
No.

When they drink a soup made from a poisonous mushroom?
No!

It's when... they are forgotten.

~Dr. Hiluluk - One Piece
(#3 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

10-06-2008, 01:52 AM

Take the Narita Express or the Limousine bus to Tokyo Station. From there, you can take the Yamanote line train to Ueno Station. At Ueno, transfer to the Ginza Subway line, which goes to Asakusa Station. The exit from Asakusa Station is near the gate to the Sensoji Temple. There is a police box near the gate, as well as a crowd of rickshaw drivers. They should be able to direct you (or take you) to your hotel.

It takes one hour to get from Narita to Tokyo Station. It takes a further 20 minutes or so to get from Tokyo Station to Asakusa.

You are coming at a good time, the Sensoji is putting on festival of sorts, and they have built an old Edo period type shopping street on the temple grounds.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Firebird (Offline)
JF Old Timer

Send a message via ICQ to Firebird Send a message via Skype™ to Firebird
10-06-2008, 02:08 AM

You can also take the Train from the Airport directly to Ueno and there change to the Subway. If you take the cheapest option ($10) it will take you more than 1 hour to get to Ueno (its actually 80 min) and some more minutes to get to Asakusa by Subway.

Back home after 1 year work and travel in Japan and 3 month in Korea: www.teglas.asia (text is in German, but see the pictures!)