LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
samokan (Offline)
0xFFFF_FFFF

11-06-2008, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbvr View Post
By the way, looking at the average snow depth for the resort close to Nikko, they report 40 cm. I would say the end of December would be perfectly alright for getting around on foot and just about perfect layering for photography.

lovely .. now if i could only get my hands on that Nikon D90

*** Omnia Muntantor, Nihil Interit ***

My Japan Life

-------------------------------------
(#12 (permalink))
Old
jeresan (Offline)
New to JF

11-06-2008, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonbvr View Post

Other notable places are Edo-mura and that place with the miniature replicas of the White House, Eiffel tower and so on. There is a ski resort close by too. Honestly if I had to decide to split my time between Nagano and Nikko or just do one, I would go to Nikko.

However it comes down to what you are seeking. Do you want someplace that is packed with history and full of places to run around and see or a vacation to relax and really take in the rugged beauty of Japan?
If you were really into boarding or skiing, there would be no question. Go to Nagano. But I get the feel you are more interested in something scenic and touristy. You could, or at least I could, spend a week in Nikko and not run out of places to photograph.
Yeah..that's what I am looking for too. Not really into snowboarding and all..at least for now. Just want to take in the atmosphere of the winter season and experience snow falling on me..as silly as it may sound..
But scenic would be the best for a good time of renewing for me.
So I guess Nikko would the place to go for me, given that I have roughly 4 days and do not want to rush to Nagano and then Nikko, which would be rather inconvenient too, yes?
Thanks for the advice.
Appreciate it greatly.