LinkBack Thread Tools
(#21 (permalink))
Old
Onyx (Offline)
JF Regular

12-05-2008, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasabista View Post
I believe the boys in the first photo are called guidos. Seen in any club in New Jersey.
Actually douche is the proper term for this kind of blasphemy lol..

But as a serious answer to the original poster question. Dress to impress will always get you in to clubs no matter what continent your on. I went to clubs almost every night i was in Tokyo, so, if you have a suit, wear that, if not, just wear something nice and you'll be fine. Remember your a foreigner, its impossible for you to "fit in" so make sure you stand out with a different and appealing style and you'll have girls buying you drinks all night. Seriously, you'll be a god at nights. What part of japan are you visiting?
(#22 (permalink))
Old
discoiskinky (Offline)
JF Regular

12-06-2008, 11:14 AM

pfft whoever recommended wearing a suit to a club obviously goes to the wrong clubs. sneakers + jeans + tee for guy is fine. who the hell wants to dance in a suit? and unless you are on a business trip why would you even need a suit? even the most exclusive of restaurants in tokyo such as Beige only require a tailored jkt - not a full suit.
(#23 (permalink))
Old
Ronin4hire (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-06-2008, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoiskinky View Post
pfft whoever recommended wearing a suit to a club obviously goes to the wrong clubs. sneakers + jeans + tee for guy is fine. who the hell wants to dance in a suit? and unless you are on a business trip why would you even need a suit? even the most exclusive of restaurants in tokyo such as Beige only require a tailored jkt - not a full suit.
Lol.. have to agree on that one.

Don't try and be a poseur. Just wear what you feel comfortable in and have a good time. Poseurs tend to be dickheads with lots of money who attract a certain type of girl... Those kind of girls are not worth your attention.
(#24 (permalink))
Old
alexlovesrock (Offline)
JF Regular

12-06-2008, 02:50 PM

just be yourself. Don't act desperate either. If you try to get a girl too hard she will wonder why you need to try.... raises red flags... just play it cool and youll be fine. i recommend wearing yellow pants with a blue shirt and an orange jacket (worked out fine for meeting girls for me..)
(#25 (permalink))
Old
Onyx (Offline)
JF Regular

12-10-2008, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoiskinky View Post
Ehh, you see there are business suits and there are nice suits its like night and day. I suppose we just have different taste in fashion, but, mind giving a more specific definition on "wrong club" Yea, jeans and t-shirt are "fine" for some clubs, and all bars but ehh, i like to raise the bar not dress like im in one. I guess i just like to look nice, not "fine".. And lol at the poseur comment from ronin4hire, sounds resentful mate, its like your calling me a poseur and rich dick head and im far from both lol. None the less, id like to hear your opinion on "the wrong type of girl"..Seriously

Last edited by Onyx : 12-10-2008 at 07:06 AM.
(#26 (permalink))
Old
discoiskinky (Offline)
JF Regular

12-10-2008, 09:59 PM

I dont want to get into some debate over personal tastes and such and i apologise for my overly opinionated response. But yes i am aware of different types of suits and have a waredrobe full of them myself (being a designer for a brand that makes suits) but a suit in any sense means matching trousers and tailored jacket, and to me that is a bit full on and uncomfortable for dancing and such at a club, at a bar or lounge i could understand that being appropriate. A blazer or tailored jacket over a tee at a club is as close to suited up I would get but I would check that in on arrival anyway.

Point in close is, to the original poster, just dress comfortably and however you want to dress. If you get declined for not dressing properly does that really seem like a club you would want to go to anyway?

Here are some shots from the Jeremy Scott fashion after party @ La Fabrique i stumbled across on TokyoDandy:

Last edited by discoiskinky : 12-10-2008 at 10:03 PM.
(#27 (permalink))
Old
Sangetsu (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-11-2008, 01:51 AM

Wear a storm trooper costume, or a spiderman suit, I guarantee you won't go home alone.
(#28 (permalink))
Old
Onyx (Offline)
JF Regular

01-04-2009, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangetsu View Post
Wear a storm trooper costume, or a spiderman suit, I guarantee you won't go home alone.
LOL! yes there may be handcuffs involved as well.
(#29 (permalink))
Old
kouichisan (Offline)
おす!

01-04-2009, 08:16 PM

----------------------------

Last edited by kouichisan : 02-17-2016 at 11:50 PM.
(#30 (permalink))
Old
Gwen_Goth (Offline)
addict

01-04-2009, 08:50 PM

cyberdog :3

-~Moddess ~-

▲ ▲