LinkBack Thread Tools
(#31 (permalink))
Old
JuanitoElChino (Offline)
New to JF

01-04-2009, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onyx View Post
Actually douche is the proper term for this kind of blasphemy lol..

But as a serious answer to the original poster question. Dress to impress will always get you in to clubs no matter what continent your on. I went to clubs almost every night i was in Tokyo, so, if you have a suit, wear that, if not, just wear something nice and you'll be fine. Remember your a foreigner, its impossible for you to "fit in" so make sure you stand out with a different and appealing style and you'll have girls buying you drinks all night. Seriously, you'll be a god at nights. What part of japan are you visiting?
The reason I refuse to go clubbing on my 18th birthday in NJ is because of the douche factor at most of the clubs here.

My sister frequently "hit da clubs" in Osaka wearing what she usually wears in the States. Dress up more than usual, but don't overdo it. Do what you feel comfortable with. If you want to stand out then go for it!
(#32 (permalink))
Old
Onyx (Offline)
JF Regular

01-05-2009, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoiskinky View Post
I dont want to get into some debate over personal tastes and such and i apologise for my overly opinionated response. But yes i am aware of different types of suits and have a waredrobe full of them myself (being a designer for a brand that makes suits) but a suit in any sense means matching trousers and tailored jacket, and to me that is a bit full on and uncomfortable for dancing and such at a club, at a bar or lounge i could understand that being appropriate. A blazer or tailored jacket over a tee at a club is as close to suited up I would get but I would check that in on arrival anyway.

Point in close is, to the original poster, just dress comfortably and however you want to dress. If you get declined for not dressing properly does that really seem like a club you would want to go to anyway?

Here are some shots from the Jeremy Scott fashion after party @ La Fabrique i stumbled across on TokyoDandy:

nice pic by the way.