JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
vavania (Offline)
New to JF

12-18-2008, 10:35 PM

Well, but I guess there are a LOT of sushi restaurants in Tokyo, but only one fish market. I believe it is possible to organise visiting the site intead of this prohibition.
(#12 (permalink))
Old
Nagoyankee (Offline)
中庸を得るのだ~

12-19-2008, 05:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vavania View Post
Well, but I guess there are a LOT of sushi restaurants in Tokyo, but only one fish market. I believe it is possible to organise visiting the site intead of this prohibition.
I know what you're saying but some tourists have already been badly injured from getting hit by carts carring heavy loads of fish (or ice).

Besides that, the fish industry people are the busiest Dec. thru Jan. because that's when the Japanese consume the most seafood both for their own meals and for gifts. And Tsukiji gets incredibly congested during those months.

Therefore, I cannot blame Tsukiji for their decision this time. I think it's best for everyone. You will feel miserable if you get injured in a foreign country.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
vavania (Offline)
New to JF

12-19-2008, 05:59 AM

Well, maybe you are right, but I meant do not about keeping things how they have been, but about orginising these visits: defining time, place, guides...
(#14 (permalink))
Old
uktokyoite (Offline)
JF Regular

12-19-2008, 12:14 PM

Personally, if the antics caught on this video are anything to go by, I can see why they can't be bothered organizing people. Video of Tourists at Tsukiji

Check my Website: TokyoTopia
(#15 (permalink))
Old
vavania (Offline)
New to JF

12-19-2008, 05:01 PM

Following the idea that behavour of a person from thousands people should define rules for thousands leads to closing of all capitals in the world. And it will not help, because local people are not angels too.