JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
Adan (Offline)
New to JF

Going to Japan for 3 Months. - 12-21-2008, 12:01 PM

I wish to travel to Japan for 3 months and a have a few question and hope that any body can help me with.

1. I'm planning to stay in a Gaijin House. Is there a better alternative or will that do just find?

2.Not counting air travel, how much money might i need? I don't want to live a luxurious life in Japan, but i also don't want to live on noddles 24/7. I also don't want to see every corner of Japan, but would like to at least see a few parts of it.

3. Around what time might i find a better deal on tickets? ( month not hour )

4. I'm planing to go to Chiba, when is the weather more ideal? Not to hot, not to cold.

These are all the question i can think off. If i come across more i will ask later.
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Almazing1000 (Offline)
虚栄心、完全に私

Send a message via AIM to Almazing1000
12-21-2008, 12:35 PM

I'd say the best way to get as much info as possible is to go to the Japanese Embassy, there should be one somewhere in Chicago and ask someone there. They can give you the best advice and answer some questions that you don't even know you should ask. Here's a link for more info... Consulate General of Japan at Chicago Good luck!

Freedom of Speech = Me saying what I want when I want... Douche
(#3 (permalink))
Old
peterv20 (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-21-2008, 01:42 PM

lucky you....
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Adan (Offline)
New to JF

12-24-2008, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almazing1000 View Post
I'd say the best way to get as much info as possible is to go to the Japanese Embassy, there should be one somewhere in Chicago and ask someone there. They can give you the best advice and answer some questions that you don't even know you should ask. Here's a link for more info... Consulate General of Japan at Chicago Good luck!
Thanks Almazing1000, that sounds great. But also i would love to hear from people who have been to Japan and see their take on this.
(#5 (permalink))
Old
synce (Offline)
New to JF

01-14-2009, 02:18 AM

Hey, fellow Chicagoan here, planning a similar trip even! My biggest concern happens to be money. This will be the first vacation I've ever had to pay for, so if someone could throw some figures at me that'd be nice (planning a modest, but lengthy, trip to Tokyo-to)