LinkBack Thread Tools
(#11 (permalink))
Old
zachary (Offline)
New to JF

12-25-2008, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
Japanese bars and clubs in Kabuki-cho are going to want cash anyway. People can make stop-payments on credit card purchases. Not on cash.
Ook good, at least this way I cant run up a mysteriously expensive bill easily like if I started a tab with a CC, I will try to pay drink for drink etc

Btw, thanks MMM

Anymore tips anyone?

My personal blog -> Zach's Asian Travel
(#12 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

12-25-2008, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachary View Post
Ook good, at least this way I cant run up a mysteriously expensive bill easily like if I started a tab with a CC, I will try to pay drink for drink etc

Btw, thanks MMM

Anymore tips anyone?
I don't think you are fully understanding, Zachary. If you go to a snack or hostess club (the mainstay of the area) you will run up a mysteriously large bill. These places charge you to sit down, charge you for ice, some even charge you for a hot towel after using the bathroom. You can't just buy a beer and leave, you are expected to pay for the drinks of the girls that work there, etc. That's why they want cash. That's why I say if you are going to go into Kabuki-cho at night, don't go alone (and this applies to not only Kabuki-cho). Only go to places a friend knows and goes with you.
(#13 (permalink))
Old
zachary (Offline)
New to JF

12-25-2008, 10:07 PM

MMM, ok I hear ya, I live in Bangkok so I have a general idea how they manage to build your bill up on stupid things sometimes, but it actually sounds a bit more difficult there in Kabukicho than it is in BKK

Anyways, I'll stroll down Kabukicho at least to check it out, maybe I wont even go into the bars, but I want to see it at least

Again, thanks for all your infos!

My personal blog -> Zach's Asian Travel