JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
zachary (Offline)
New to JF

I'm staying here, good locating? (map pic) - 12-23-2008, 11:29 PM

Anyone know this area? is it good area? it's in the Shinjuku area (i hear this area is great)
please let me know, you think this is good location? i hope it's good for restaurants, nightlife, shopping? walking distance to any/all?

thanks in advance for any help, suggestions and advice

i'm SO excited!!!

My personal blog -> Zach's Asian Travel
(#2 (permalink))
Old
spicytuna (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-23-2008, 11:41 PM

Doh! A few blocks away from Kabuki-cho?

I would be SO broke if I lived there.

I must have spent a few grand in that area this past summer.
(#3 (permalink))
Old
SHAD0W (Offline)
Busier Than Shinjuku Station

12-23-2008, 11:50 PM

Kabuki-cho? *shudders*

You know about kabuki-cho.. right?

I'm sorry for all the bad stuff I said and all the feelings I hurt.. Please forgive me
(#4 (permalink))
Old
Nagoyankee (Offline)
中庸を得るのだ~

12-23-2008, 11:57 PM

OMG You're moving to my neighborhood!

This is one of the most convenient areas as far as transportation to other points in and around Tokyo. You can easily walk or bike to all the big department stores, movie theaters and restaurants in Shinjuku. There will be so many restaurants and some convenient stores within a couple of blocks from you, the latter of which are open 24 hours. A lot of foreign residents and new immigrants live where you will be so no matter where you're from, you won't at least be stared at.

Anyhow, welcome to Shinjuku!
(#5 (permalink))
Old
zachary (Offline)
New to JF

12-24-2008, 12:49 AM

kabuki-cho, i just googled it looks nice, i like me some nightlife
any suggestions on good places/bars/hostess bars/nightclubs to visit there?

nagoyankee, thanks for the tips maybe i see you kickin it at kabuki-cho in a few weeks hehehehe

(#6 (permalink))
Old
spicytuna (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-24-2008, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachary View Post
kabuki-cho, i just googled it looks nice, i like me some nightlife
any suggestions on good places/bars/hostess bars/nightclubs to visit there?
Kabuki-cho has some great places but I'd strongly recommend going with a Japanese friend... especially if you happen to be non asian. Otherwise, you may find yourself in a club with a 50,000 yen tab by the time you leave.

Oh yeah, if you're non asian, you may be approached by some Africans who try to coax you into a bar. Don't bother!
(#7 (permalink))
Old
zachary (Offline)
New to JF

12-24-2008, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicytuna View Post
Kabuki-cho has some great places but I'd strongly recommend going with a Japanese friend... especially if you happen to be non asian. Otherwise, you may find yourself in a club with a 50,000 yen tab by the time you leave.

Oh yeah, if you're non asian, you may be approached by some Africans who try to coax you into a bar. Don't bother!
Damn, I'll be totally alone, but I still have to try to see the nightlife there, maybe I should just take cash and leave my creditcards at home?

(#8 (permalink))
Old
spicytuna (Offline)
JF Old Timer

12-24-2008, 06:58 PM

Kabuki-cho is relatively safe so I wouldn't worry too much.

Just try to blend in (as opposed to looking like an obvious tourist) and enjoy the eye candy.

Try to resist the hostess bars, clubs, etc. unless you go with someone who knows the business.

The first time I went to a hostess bar, I thought it was reasonable paying 5000 yen an hour including drinks but I didn't realize that I had to buy my girl a drink. Of course I asked her if I could buy her one and of course she happily obliged by helping herself to some Suntory whiskey which even Bill Murray would be proud to advertise. Needless to say, it was a pretty expensive 1hr. Hahaha!
(#9 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

12-25-2008, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicytuna View Post
Kabuki-cho is relatively safe so I wouldn't worry too much.

Just try to blend in (as opposed to looking like an obvious tourist) and enjoy the eye candy.

Try to resist the hostess bars, clubs, etc. unless you go with someone who knows the business.

The first time I went to a hostess bar, I thought it was reasonable paying 5000 yen an hour including drinks but I didn't realize that I had to buy my girl a drink. Of course I asked her if I could buy her one and of course she happily obliged by helping herself to some Suntory whiskey which even Bill Murray would be proud to advertise. Needless to say, it was a pretty expensive 1hr. Hahaha!
That's great if you can afford it. Don't go into Kabuki-cho alone...'nuff said.
(#10 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

12-25-2008, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachary View Post
Damn, I'll be totally alone, but I still have to try to see the nightlife there, maybe I should just take cash and leave my creditcards at home?
Japanese bars and clubs in Kabuki-cho are going to want cash anyway. People can make stop-payments on credit card purchases. Not on cash.