JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
chmura (Offline)
New to JF

Going to Japan on March 26 to April 5. Good time to go? - 01-08-2009, 03:15 PM

Hello all. I am planing a trip to Tokyo. I am about to book my plane ticket today or tomorrow. This is my first time going to Japan.

I am thinking about going to Japan on 3-26-09 to 4-5-09. Is this a good time?

Reason why I ask because I found out that during this time it's Spring Break in Japan and I think everyone returns to school on the 6th.

I dont know how it is around this time in Tokyo so that is why I am asking here.

Thanks!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
BakaCrisis (Offline)
(。・_・。)σ

Send a message via AIM to BakaCrisis Send a message via MSN to BakaCrisis Send a message via Skype™ to BakaCrisis
01-08-2009, 03:43 PM

Honestly. Anytime to go to Japan is a great time to go to Japan, Unless there are earthquakes.

Teach me Japanese (Skype: davidh053090 )
(#3 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

01-08-2009, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BakaCrisis View Post
Honestly. Anytime to go to Japan is a great time to go to Japan, Unless there are earthquakes.
Hmm.. Not sure if I agree to you BakaCrisis. Have you been to Japan?

Chmura, you are fine. As long as you are not going there during Golden Week (Ogata Renkyu), you should be ok. Though some suggested that Golden week is a completely different experience of its own, its too pack anywhere to even make it fun. So.. to me, you are safe, you are not within anywhere close to golden week
(#4 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

01-08-2009, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godwine View Post
Hmm.. Not sure if I agree to you BakaCrisis. Have you been to Japan?

Chmura, you are fine. As long as you are not going there during Golden Week (Ogata Renkyu), you should be ok. Though some suggested that Golden week is a completely different experience of its own, its too pack anywhere to even make it fun. So.. to me, you are safe, you are not within anywhere close to golden week
What's Golden Week if you don't mind explaining?
(#5 (permalink))
Old
iPhantom (Offline)
is a pretty cool guy

Send a message via AIM to iPhantom Send a message via MSN to iPhantom Send a message via Skype™ to iPhantom
01-08-2009, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMisa View Post
What's Golden Week if you don't mind explaining?
A period of time consisting of many holidays. I think 6 or 7... and they are national all... I think xD.

Also it has something called Greenery Day, which is how I met with the Golden Week info page (searching for Green day lol).

Quote:
Since when is it immature to talk about pudding? Seriously, do you know the meaning of mature?
(#6 (permalink))
Old
MissMisa (Offline)
Fashion, Games + Art Mod.

01-08-2009, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhantom View Post
A period of time consisting of many holidays. I think 6 or 7... and they are national all... I think xD.

Also it has something called Greenery Day, which is how I met with the Golden Week info page (searching for Green day lol).
Oh okay I see.
(#7 (permalink))
Old
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-08-2009, 05:08 PM

I think that time is Golden Week. Airfare, hotels are higher if not booked up. I would go earlier or later. But check on the dates because I'm not sure of this years holidays.

The World's only Belly Dancing Elvis Impersonator!
(#8 (permalink))
Old
bELyVIS (Offline)
JF Old Timer

01-08-2009, 05:15 PM

I'm sorry I just looked at the dates again and end of March should be fine. Sakura is blooming too.

The World's only Belly Dancing Elvis Impersonator!
(#9 (permalink))
Old
chmura (Offline)
New to JF

01-08-2009, 05:17 PM

Thanks everyone!

I will book my plane ticket today.

I'm thinking about staying in a hostel 3 nights and hotel 6 nights. I have never stayed in a hostel so I kind of want to experience it and maybe meet interesting people.

This is my first time traveling alone so I kind of want to experience the hostel thing.

Any suggestions on a hostel and hotel in Tokyo?
(#10 (permalink))
Old
godwine (Offline)
自爆十秒前

01-08-2009, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bELyVIS View Post
I think that time is Golden Week. Airfare, hotels are higher if not booked up. I would go earlier or later. But check on the dates because I'm not sure of this years holidays.
Golden week is last week of April and first week of May. His schedule for last week of March and first week of April is fine. Airfare and hotels may cost more, but its not pack

In general, everything cost a fortune during and around Golden Week. But the real kicker is that EVERYWHERE is packed during Golden Week. And some stores/attractions are not open during Golden Week.

You will have to fight your way through temples and shrines, train station, everywhere.

Also check this link out, some suggestions of what to do if you do end up there during golden week : Metropolis - Feature - Time To Play

Alright, enough of hijacking this thread.