JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
AnthraxAttack (Offline)
JF Regular

Nightlife in Tokyo - 01-18-2009, 02:54 PM

So how is it? I mean as a foreigner.
Never was a fan of large noisy clubs, getting together with my best friends drinking or somking weed, listening to your own music in controlled environments is what i like the best. The only reason i'd ever go to a club, was if i had taken extacy or amfetamine.

So how is it being a foreigner in a japanese club? Easy to get together with people? And what drugs do they use if any? How do you act?

Yes i know Japan has the most strict laws on drugs in the world
(#2 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-18-2009, 06:08 PM

The only drugs you should count on getting a hold of are alcohol and nicotine.

End of story.

Possession of marijuana and harder drugs are felony offenses and will get you kicked out of Japan.

You can waste your time and money trying to find "the real deal", but there are more fake bags of weed and tabs of acid on the streets of Tokyo than real stuff, and by the time you realize you were ripped off the dudes will be long gone.

Going to Japan to smoke weed is like going to Hawaii to ski. It's not going to happen
(#3 (permalink))
Old
AnthraxAttack (Offline)
JF Regular

01-18-2009, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMM View Post
The only drugs you should count on getting a hold of are alcohol and nicotine.

End of story.

Possession of marijuana and harder drugs are felony offenses and will get you kicked out of Japan.

You can waste your time and money trying to find "the real deal", but there are more fake bags of weed and tabs of acid on the streets of Tokyo than real stuff, and by the time you realize you were ripped off the dudes will be long gone.

Going to Japan to smoke weed is like going to Hawaii to ski. It's not going to happen
Oh don't get me wrong. I know Japan is the worst place in the world for drugs. I'm just courious on the nightlife, I can't really imagine a club or rave going on without anyone using heavy drugs.

If i needed a place to smoke i'd simply stay home in Oslo, drugs are beyond easy to get your hands on here.
(#4 (permalink))
Old
MMM (Offline)
JF Ossan

01-18-2009, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthraxAttack View Post
Oh don't get me wrong. I know Japan is the worst place in the world for drugs. I'm just courious on the nightlife, I can't really imagine a club or rave going on without anyone using heavy drugs.

If i needed a place to smoke i'd simply stay home in Oslo, drugs are beyond easy to get your hands on here.
I have been to a few big clubs in Tokyo and Osaka, and believe it or not, most people seemed more concerned with how they looked and how they were dancing than accentuating the experience with drugs. I can't say there were absolutely no one on drugs, but most of the Japanese I know are turned off by hard drugs (something about your body being a temple)...