JapanForum.com  

LinkBack Thread Tools
(#1 (permalink))
Old
schluempfsche (Offline)
New to JF

Help: How do I get from Nikko to Kamakura. Kamakura or Takayama? - 01-20-2009, 07:27 PM

I´ll be staying in Nikko next week and I would like to know how to get from Nikko (where I´ll be staying for 2 nights) to Kamakura. Do I have to go over Tokyo or is there a better (faster/cheaper) way?

Also I am still a little torn on wether to go to Kamakura or Takayama. Takayama is closer from Nikko but I would also like to see Kamakura. What do you think is more worth visiting (also at this time of year). Are 2 days enough for Kamakura or Takayama. After either of these towns I have to go back to Tokyo.

thank you!!!
(#2 (permalink))
Old
Gwen_Goth (Offline)
addict

01-20-2009, 07:32 PM

hi! and welcome

can you elaborate a little more? are you travelling via public transport only; or can you drive?

also is this a 2 day trip to japan as a whole, or just a week-end that you have free

-~Moddess ~-

▲ ▲
(#3 (permalink))
Old
schluempfsche (Offline)
New to JF

01-20-2009, 07:55 PM

Hey,

thank you for your reply. I will have 4 to 5 days to spare after that I will meet some friends in Tokyo and stay there for a bit (with a Trip to Yokohama). I am someone who likes to stay at the same place for a few days and really get to know it.. but I would also like to see soooo much (way too much for 5 days (I will have to go back to Tokyo on the 5th day). Although quite close to Tokyo I would not like to go to Kamakura for just a day. Since I don´t drive I will have to use the public transportation system. So can you give me any tips? What should I do? do you have any insider-tips?

thank you :-)